Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Click To Enter: Your Portable Radio Is Your Key

10 posts in this topic

Being this company is a new advertiser on EMTBravo, which is how I became aware of them, I think this is a really neat product. The website has a ton of great information.

http://www.click2enter.net/index.asp

Access Control Using Your Radio Transceiver for Public Safety and Authorized Users

Click2Enter does away with all of the cumbersome keys, access control codes, and remote control actuators, because every emergency response vehicle and responder carries the key-their mobile or portable radio transceiver. Just a simple 'click' of the radio transmitter button is all that's required to open gates, parking arms, doors, and commercial roll-up doors.

Does anyone currently use this product?

This product is installed on some of the gates at playland, it worked great with our portables.

Small airports and hospital helipads have been using this type of product for turning on and off runway lights and the like usually 3 clicks of the mic turn it on and off

How is the security on these things?

Public safety agencies, such as Fire Departments, Police/Sheriff Departments, and Ambulance/Rescue Companies are issued radio frequencies by the FCC for their restricted use only. Possession of transmitting devices for non-authorized personnel is tightly controlled and transmitting on these frequencies is against the law (Federal & State statutes).

A. How tightly is it controlled ;) common now...

B. Great it's against the law, so is breaking into your house! I doubt a bugler cares about that! lol

Edited by mikeinet

I agree, that this doesn't seem too secure, but this should only be used on a gate, not the door of your home. Furthermore, I imagine most burglars don't have portable radios sitting around.

Hi Gang!

My name is Pete Sutsos I am the inventor and President & CEO of Click2Enter, Inc. Reading some of your comments I felt compelled to post a response. I am a retired COP (15 Years in the field) I was injured during a response to a gated residence, in fact, this is how the Click2Enter products came about. This event cost me my job due to the damage this caused to my knee.

When we discuss the level of security provided by any gate access control device/system we need to realize that a gate can be compromised in many different ways. The only truly absolutely secure gate is one that has a guard posted there who is carrying a COLT AR-15 rifle. What the Click2Enter system does is provide a comprehensive, mutual aid compatible, officer safety friendly, response time improving access control system that costs the public safety agencies nothing. The costs for our products are carried by the property owners who have these gates. Since the radio frequencies used by public safety agencies are tightly controlled by the FCC, yet are public information, one might want to believe that a criminal will go out of their way to modify a radio and use it for illegal purposes. I can say from experience that MOST if not ALL criminals I have had the pleasure of working on (WHOOPS Freudian slip) with, will not take this much time to open a gate when all they have to do is tailgate the vehicle ahead of them into the compound.

For projects that require a higher level of security we have a second relay on the board that can be software enabled to link into an alarm system so that when the Click2Enter is activated the alarm company is notified and they can call dispatch for a validation of entry. Hope some of my comments help with understanding the issues surrounding gates etc.?

Pertaining to the comments about the system that controls lights for aircraft etc. this is a product manufactured by BF Goodrich and is kind of like the Click2Enter except the BF Goodrich light control product is not a range-able radio receiver. This system operates on optimum reception, which is its intent so aircraft can turn the runaway lights on at a great distance for approach line-up and landing. The Click2Enter is opposite, our device is a limited range receiver we want the unit not to receive well so you have to be within line of sight to make it work. This limited range feature is why we can locate many units around a city our county and not have them all turn on when the carrier radio transmitter is activated.

If any of you would like an information packet sent to you PLEASE drop by our website www.click2enter.net and fill in an email request form and I will make certain you get a packet. Or please feel free to call me anytime at our company offices in Sonoma California Toll Free 877-939-3800

Thanks for showing interest, I enjoy chatting about this area of public safety response. Sorry for the first upload I hit the send button prior to checking my typos etc.

Pete Sutsos, President & CEO

Sonoma County Deputy Sheriff Retired

Click2Enter, Inc.

Yea its a pretty cool product. We had that installed at our garage for Five Quad Ambulance at SUNY Albany. Thumbs up!

This sounds cool...I know where my Mom lives in NC they have a gate to the community and her garage door opener's 2nd button had to be programmed to work on the gate and now it does both. No different than putting a frequency in a portable radio. Similar to a knox box, no?

Pete, good reply, well worded. I was skeptical, but I have changed my mind.

If I'm not mistaken some agencies use products similar to this in Dutchess CO