Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
texastom791

Top ten highest paying cities for fiefighters

17 posts in this topic

I have NO idea where they came up with that information, but I know it's got to be flawed based on some of the salaries I've seen in Westchester......

I'm also sure that it doesn't take into account what the firefighter is ACTUALLY making...

that list is way off, is it starting pay? and pay is relative to how many hours you work, I would much rather make 75,000 a year and work 35 hours a week then make 75,000 and work 48 or some places 56 thats why the list as i saw was incomplete

This is an incredibly limited explaination of the salary. Top pay? Starting pay? Is this base pay or an averave when factoring in O/T and other contractually guaranteed items. How about fringe benefit and hours worked (ala Capt. Benz)

Isn't Suffolk County in LI all volunteer?

I know Northport VA, Commack and LI MacArthur Airport have some career staff. I believe there are one or two more.

The Northport VA staff can't be making all that much... most likely they are a GS-7, which is the same as Montrose and Castle Point... That grade tops out around 55,000 (before OT and locality pay).

I know Northport VA, Commack and LI MacArthur Airport have some career staff. I believe there are one or two more.

Commack does not have any career firefighters. The only paid department that I can think of that is not an airport or a government facility would be Long Beach in Nassau County.

Commack does not have any career firefighters. The only paid department that I can think of that is not an airport or a government facility would be Long Beach in Nassau County.

In Nassau County you have Long Beach and Garden City.

M' Ave, if you click on detail next to the employees name, it gives you a breakdown on their pay.

Huntington Manor is combination now I believe. A friend of mine that used to volly with my father and I in Northport is now a career firefighter in Huntington Manor.

The VA in Northport has career staff?? I used to play golf on their 9 hole course all the time and never knew they had paid staff! lol Must be a recent thing?

I am a little upset that Cobleskill never made the list, Im getting 6 figures here im my dept, $000,000 a year. ;)

Commack has Dispatches that are in the IAFF & also have Housemen

Huntington Manor is combination now I believe. A friend of mine that used to volly with my father and I in Northport is now a career firefighter in Huntington Manor.

The VA in Northport has career staff?? I used to play golf on their 9 hole course all the time and never knew they had paid staff! lol Must be a recent thing?

I am a little upset that Cobleskill never made the list, Im getting 6 figures here im my dept, $000,000 a year. ;)

From Huntington Manor's website:

The Huntington Manor Fire Department is located at 1650 New York Avenue in Huntington Station, New York. It is in Suffolk County, Long Island approximately 32 miles east of New York City. Our Department is proud to protect the lives and property of over 14 square miles. We are one of the busiest volunteer fire departments on Long Island with an average of over 1000 fire calls (not EMS) per year.

The Huntington Manor Fire Department operates within a 14.8 square mile perimeter. We have 14 pieces of fire apparatus, 12 utility vehicles and 4 chief's cars. We have a total of 130 members comprising of two 65 member companies. We respond out of 3 fire houses strategically located within the district. Our dispatcher is on duty 24-7 at our headquarters location.

The only Depts on Long Island that have IAFF locals are Long beach L287, Garden City L1588(called Nassau County L1588), Dix Hills L3492(not sure what they do,they seem to just be housemen/dispatchers) and Melville Fire Employees Asso. L2843( Once again I don't believe they are actually firefighters, just district employees.) Both Long Beach and Garden city Firefighters attend the Westchester Career Fire Academy.

Newark, NJ is a high paid fire department? I am really surprised by that one...