Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eckyphats

Barack Obama- 44th President Of The United States

99 posts in this topic

Come on now....get real! Weren't we all 18-20 years old at one time? Didn't we have all the answers to every question, and know everything there was to know? I used to be that way, and I had a full head of hair back then, too.

Then I turned thirty, went bald, and became a Republican. I've been like this for years, and I like it this way. I've decided to avoid the bad comb-over by shaving my head, and by supporting a candidate who agrees that the money I earn is, well.....my money. I guess that would make me a Skinhead up there in Ben & Jerry land.

I wouldn't trash anyone for voting for the big O-Man, but it just shows a total lack of class when somebody attacks somebody else on an internet forum about their personal choice. Like hair, youth, and a bad President, naivete is only temporary. Thank God for that.

B)

Please tell me where and when I ever trashed anyone for voting for Obama?

Please tell me where and when I ever trashed anyone for voting for Obama?

Not you........ :unsure:

I was referring to others who trash those who voted for McCain. Sorry for the confusion.

Not you........ :unsure:

I was referring to others who trash those who voted for McCain. Sorry for the confusion.

10-4... :rolleyes:

As I always say - if it's on Fox News it has to be true - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc (watch the ticker too)

Here's the Canadian version - http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...82pCa7QmO35faSg

Personally I believe that McCain was talked into this mistake. My hope is that the Republicans blame the campaign and not the man. McCain is too good of a man to deserve that. My wish is that McCain returns to the Senate and continues to fight the good fight. My hope for Palin is that she returns to her state where she can spend her time explaining how her constituency re-elected a convicted felon to the US Senate.

BTW - I can totally relate to those of you distraught over the results. I know how it feels to see a man with less experience and a lesser military record than his opponent elected to President, not once but twice. Even worse he was elected with fewer votes than his opponent the first time and only 50.7% of the vote the second time (compared to Obama's current 52.5% - higher than Reagan's, Clinton's, or Kennedy's). Based on electoral votes, this man had 2 of the top 7 lowest spreads in US history (50.4% and 53.2% compared to Obama's expected 67.7%). All of which seemed to make the wins seem less than convincing. I know how it feels to see a man elected (twice) that you truly felt would ruin the country. Unfortunately, that premonition seems to have come true and hundreds of historians decided that that man has become one of the, if not the, worst Presidents in US history.

So I can sympathize.

a 440 point drop today, thanks barack, here's to four years of the dems messing up the country

who is the president , not obama its a republican. how much more can the country get "messed up" listen the conservatives can say what u want America has spoken and we all know the truth i support obama but even the old school southern whites even voted for obama because the republicans screwed it up so much, say what u will throw the lies around but the last 8 years don't lie and bush's 22% approval rating also tells the story. republicans don't u have to go watch hannity , or oreilly. and i only mean it towards the sore losing republicans

As I always say - if it's on Fox News it has to be true - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc (watch the ticker too)

Here's the Canadian version - http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...82pCa7QmO35faSg

Personally I believe that McCain was talked into this mistake. My hope is that the Republicans blame the campaign and not the man. McCain is too good of a man to deserve that. My wish is that McCain returns to the Senate and continues to fight the good fight. My hope for Palin is that she returns to her state where she can spend her time explaining how her constituency re-elected a convicted felon to the US Senate.

BTW - I can totally relate to those of you distraught over the results. I know how it feels to see a man with less experience and a lesser military record than his opponent elected to President, not once but twice. Even worse he was elected with fewer votes than his opponent the first time and only 50.7% of the vote the second time (compared to Obama's current 52.5% - higher than Reagan's, Clinton's, or Kennedy's). Based on electoral votes, this man had 2 of the top 7 lowest spreads in US history (50.4% and 53.2% compared to Obama's expected 67.7%). All of which seemed to make the wins seem less than convincing. I know how it feels to see a man elected (twice) that you truly felt would ruin the country. Unfortunately, that premonition seems to have come true and hundreds of historians decided that that man has become one of the, if not the, worst Presidents in US history.

So I can sympathize.

i am a democrat who supported mccain 8 years ago, he listened to his advisors and thats why he lost and for doing so he deserved to. if mccain spoke and presented himself as the man he really is and not the man his advisors wanted him to be he could have won , i would have voted for obama but it would have been fun to watch the real mccain. and his advisors calling palin names allday today like hillbille and b**** is uncalled for they picked her , she didnt pick them. i think what mccain has done for our country is heroic to say the least and i thank him , but being in the military doesn't guarantee u to be a good president.

i am a democrat who supported mccain 8 years ago, he listened to his advisors and thats why he lost and for doing so he deserved to. if mccain spoke and presented himself as the man he really is and not the man his advisors wanted him to be he could have won , i would have voted for obama but it would have been fun to watch the real mccain. and his advisors calling palin names allday today like hillbille and b**** is uncalled for they picked her , she didnt pick them. i think what mccain has done for our country is heroic to say the least and i thank him , but being in the military doesn't guarantee u to be a good president.

I'll second that. McCain SHOULD have gotten the republican nomination in 2000, and WOULD have been our president these last 8 years had he done so. The concerted character assasination by the republican party machine, lead by Karl Rove, and the poor advice of his party sanitized "advisors" doomed him then, to propel Bush into office.

The minute Karl Rove spoke for McCain before the South Carolina contingent at the republican convention, I knew that the campaign was lost. Am I the only one who remembers Rove starting the rumors that McCains adopted daughter was a love-child among other wingers? You want to talk about what is wrong with the republican party... Karl Rove is the most public tip of the iceberg tht's killing the republican party - the old-school, old money, corporate-entangled, money hungry Wall Streeters who have been running the show. Palin was their choice and part of McCains sacrifice to appease them. If you want to know who's REALLY been running this country for the last 8 years (probably MUCH longer) cross-reference the information on this site (corproate governing boards, CEO's) with the membership of the GOP, influential washington think tanks, campaign advisors, presidential appointments and special interests. It's impressive how so few are involved in so much of what makes our country operate. Yeah, it sounds like tin foil hat conspiracy theory... until you actually look at it.

a 440 point drop today, thanks barack, here's to four years of the dems messing up the country

Let me get this right... You're already blaming Obama for the current state of the Market? Since he isn't actually the President for another 74 days, and the Market began it's fall weeks ago.

On the bright side, you are helping me understand what is wrong with the country today!