Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ladder55

Westchester County Police Test

12 posts in this topic

My son proctured the exam at Mount Vernon High School yesterday. He said that there were hundreds there taking the test.

Good luck to all.

did anyone take the test yesterday? If so what did you think?

Took it at White Plains High School, it was incredible to see how many people showed up to take it. I thought it was relatively easy (or maybe I'm just used to taking civil service tests by now). I was expecting it to be more difficult, it was nothing like the examples in the prep books.

Edited by DonMoose

I thought it was relatively easy (or maybe I'm just used to taking civil service tests by now). I was expecting it to be more difficult.

Sorry couldn't not resist this one, we just had one of our guys take the Sgt.'s promotional test and when asked how it was he said ahh, easiest test I ever too; he failed with a 60.

One of our officers is taking it tomorrow, he called civil service as he had his CFR test yesterday and they are letting him take it tomorrow, he did have to get documentation from the CFR instructor as prove however.

I took it at white plains high school, i thought it was easy but ill wait to see my results

Quick - what was the plate # on the Red Focus? :lol:

B16 N61 ?!?! :lol:

Sorry couldn't not resist this one, we just had one of our guys take the Sgt.'s promotional test and when asked how it was he said ahh, easiest test I ever too; he failed with a 60.

One of our officers is taking it tomorrow, he called civil service as he had his CFR test yesterday and they are letting him take it tomorrow, he did have to get documentation from the CFR instructor as prove however.

Yeah, I know what you mean. In all honesty, I was expecting worse because I found myself struggling with those practice tests / books. I should have worded it differently.

Aside from that, how long does the list take to come out? I'm hearing somewhere around 3months is that accurate?

Edited by DonMoose

4years ago I took the test in December '04 and got my results in August '05. It will not take 3 months and if it does I will be shocked.

4years ago I took the test in December '04 and got my results in August '05. It will not take 3 months and if it does I will be shocked.

Yeah, that was a rediculously long wait last time. Although I dont think quite as many people took it this time. Either that or they spread it out much better. All I remember was in '04, there was barely any room to breath waiting in the hallway in WP High School. Even though it was crowded this time, it was nowhere near as bad.

Hopefully the county has their act together this time (unlikely though :rolleyes: ) and they'll have the results out in a timely fashion.

IMO it was hard, thats just me.. i heard they would be out in June sometime.. ((the results))...

Over 6000 people took the test, takes a long time to compile a county list, then each town and village list of residents....