Chelsea Head-on MVA 1 person pinned

11/26/08 19:10

Rt 9D just south of Stonykill Rd

Volkswagon Jetta GL & Alero

Chelsea FD, Town of Wappinger EMS (2), Alamo EMS (1), NYSP

post-3712-1227762363.jpg

post-3712-1227762381.jpg

post-3712-1227762392.jpg

Jet nice shots. Looks like this was a bad hit. Where abouts on 9D is it?

Just south of Stonykill RD. The intersection on 9D in the area of Lilly Logans and south of the Stewerts shop.

Glad I had to go to WalMart and took 52 to 9 from Downstate tonight. How long were the SP doing reconstruction?

Note the apparent failure of the driver's side airbag.

Nice pics.

Note the apparent failure of the driver's side airbag.

Nice pics.

It might not be failure depending on the year of the car. the seatbelt isn't buckled. newer cars won't deploy an airbag if the seatbelt isn't on... I can't make the year of the car but it could be a failure

It might not be failure depending on the year of the car. the seatbelt isn't buckled. newer cars won't deploy an airbag if the seatbelt isn't on... I can't make the year of the car but it could be a failure

I think it is a VW Jetta from the 90's. They stopped making the model year in '98

I had one of those Jettas..... that model had issues with the airbag, if somebody messed with the battery, the computer wouldn't recognize that airbag was actually there... this would happen a lot with an aftermarket stereo installation for some reason...

Thanks for the complimants. I don't know what year Jetta but it didn't hold up very well. The SP did not do accident reconstruction. no skid marks were visible. The guy got his own legs out somehow.

67-L57, if you look at the picture of the interior of the VW, you can clearly see an aftermarket stereo installed in the dash.