Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Federal Contract verus State/County

16 posts in this topic

Any information that anyone may have regarding a federal bid contract versus a state or county bid. We are trying to purchase a vehicle that is on a federal bid contract and our district lawyer has told us that we (nys fire district) cannot buy off of a federal bid and that we can only use a state or county bib. The vehicle in question is a B.R.A.T made by Firematic Supply in NYS. The B.R.A.T. is now available via GSA Contract #GS30F0028U. Any help or information or past dealings that anyone may have had would be greatly appreciated. Below is the link to the B.R.A.T and GSA information.

http://www.firematic.com/brat.htm

Thanks,

Mark

thanks Bill for the PM

Mark how about getting some of our Gov't officals involved to help

Mark how about getting some of our Gov't officals involved to help

The election is over. They are back on hybernation.

Any information that anyone may have regarding a federal bid contract versus a state or county bid. We are trying to purchase a vehicle that is on a federal bid contract and our district lawyer has told us that we (nys fire district) cannot buy off of a federal bid and that we can only use a state or county bib. The vehicle in question is a B.R.A.T made by Firematic Supply in NYS. The B.R.A.T. is now available via GSA Contract #GS30F0028U. Any help or information or past dealings that anyone may have had would be greatly appreciated. Below is the link to the B.R.A.T and GSA information.

We have also been told by our finance department that it is illegal in NYS to purchase off Federal GSA. Also as of last year it is illegal to purchase off of county contracts unless the contract has a clause in it that extends the contract to local governments within the county.

Sad,

I will try to reach out to Vinny Liebell to see if this is something he may be able to wok on for 2009.

I will try to reach out to Vinny Liebell to see if this is something he may be able to wok on for 2009.

Good idea, it would save everyone $$$ and it cost the state nothing to do....just what politicians like. Any new law should allow GSA and any county contract (not just the county you are in). We use to be allowed to use the Monroe County (rochester) contract, because it was the best.

I see that foam firefighting equipment, drop in units and wildland equipment can be purchased on GSA, I wonder if it is a stretch if a brush vehicle that has a foam system and a pump on the rear (not skid) would be eligible, maybe just maybe.

Good idea, it would save everyone $$$ and it cost the state nothing to do....just what politicians like. Any new law should allow GSA and any county contract (not just the county you are in). We use to be allowed to use the Monroe County (rochester) contract, because it was the best.

The price difference for us is like 3%

The price difference for us is like 3%

On a $50,000+ item like a brush rig thats a potential savings of $1,500 (that could pay for the hand tools needed) while its not alot, why pay extra for the same exact item.

Our brush/utility price was around $120,000 so that was roughly a $3,600 savings for us. The unit we have spec'd is setup for not only brush/grass fires but with some firefighting punch for our dirt road/off the beaten path areas. 300 gals of water with 8 gallons of class A foam and 2- 1 3/4 preconnects as well as two hose reels, one with 200' of 1" hose and other for a dead reel for carrying our forestry hose, there also is a try to hold another 400' to 500' of forestry hose as well. It also has a port-cafs system too and the other basic hand tools. If you're not familar with the porta CAFS I supplied a link, it is a nice small piece of equipment.

http://portacafs.com/demos/

Edited by markmets415

Our brush/utility price was around $120,000 so that was roughly a $3,600 savings for us. The unit we have spec'd is setup for not only brush/grass fires but with some firefighting punch for our dirt road/off the beaten path areas. 300 gals of water with 8 gallons of class A foam and 2- 1 3/4 preconnects as well as two hose reels, one with 200' of 1" hose and other for a dead reel for carrying our forestry hose, there also is a try to hold another 400' to 500' of forestry hose as well. It also has a port-cafs system too and the other basic hand tools. If you're not familar with the porta CAFS I supplied a link, it is a nice small piece of equipment.

http://portacafs.com/demos/

:rolleyes: HEY, YOU ON SOME TYPE OF COMMISSION!!! :lol:

just trying to get the word out.

The fire department needs to get a GSA account number, most of time you get that through your state forest fire agency.

As far as what is on GSA contract, cleaning supplies to Type I engines. Some things have big savings 20-30% off list price, others you can bid cheaper your self.

I know of one department in Connecticut that got a brush engine of GSA for about 30% off what was being bid. One word of caution, you're buying a truck the manufacture sells direct to you, not one you spec, and the local dealers are not going to service or do warranty work for you.

Edited by mkronick

FYI - If anyone is interested in Fire Apparatus pricing check out these links that I came across:

Louisiana.gov - Fire Trucks,

Ohio.gov - Ferrara, Ohio.gov - KME, Ohio.gov - Toyne,

Louisiana.gov - Ferrara base price, Louisiana.gov - Pierce.

Interesting to see actual pricing for base models and all the options prices.

Edited by SteveOFD