Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Inside Yonkers FD's New Mobile Command Center

38 posts in this topic

Good Luck with it and hopefully it will never has to be used but we all know that wont happen

Who's gonna staff this thing?? PS, pretty sweet lookin rig.

another fancy piece of equipment they will never use

It's worh noting that Yonkers PD has a command post as well. I believe it's a late 90's International/LDV.

Having gone over this vehicle thoroughly, I can tell you it will definetly be an asset to the department and the City Of Yonkers, and abd also support their unparelled USAR resources which are available basically anywhere needed. They've had numerous times I can think of in the past where

This vehicle is key to having a coordinated, organized response to fire and rescue incidents, just as the PD command post is used at large events and large crime incidents. This gives the IC's all the tools they need, and these types of vehicles have proven their usefulness at many incidents nationwide.

Anyone notice the white board in the galley picture??

"County Microwave Frequency" above the microwave. I guess that's for the NIMS compliant Multi-Agency popcorn!!

A bthroom on board would be nice... probably one of the things we don't think about much... a long operation and your bladder is going to give in aventually...

It boiled down to who was going to clean it - lol

A bthroom on board would be nice... probably one of the things we don't think about much... a long operation and your bladder is going to give in aventually...

While that is very important component, it maybe better to provid it on another vehicle, maybe on a "rehab" unit.

The last thing you need in your command post is a line of responders coming and going...and going...and

It boiled down to who was going to clean it - lol

Sounds like a job for.....(Trumpets Sounding)....Supppper Probie

It makes a lot of sense that it doesn't have a bathroom. As Barry pointed out, the command post isn't where you want people parading through to go to the bathroom.

This is where actually doing ICS instead of merely paying it lip service comes in to play. If it is a real job and you'll be there for a while, Logistics either identifies bathrooms nearby or requests port-a-potties to the scene for the command staff and everyone else.

You also don't want to lose a vehicle as valuable as that to plumbing problems! :blink: