Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Inside Yonkers FD's New Mobile Command Center

38 posts in this topic

In this series of photos (posted over the next few days), I will give you a little inside tour of Yonkers FD's new Mobile Command Center.It was hard to shoot the interior since I didn't have an extreme wide angle lens, but I'll do my best to explain.

Thanks again to the members of YFD who helped me to ge these shots, it's refreshing to me about a department that's honest and proud of their new deliveries, instead of trying to keep it a "top secret" like some other departments do. Kudos to YFD on their confidence and on another well thought out,equipped, and needed apparatus! I'm sure we'll start seeing it at incidents soon!

Specs:

Freightliner M2-106 chassis with walk through cab, MB330HP, 35,000 lb. GVWR, 36’6” OA

length,

BUILDER: MBF Industries

http://www.mbfindustries.com/home/index.php

(3) slide outs,

20KW generator,

(4) A/C units with ducted ceiling,

(4) forward workstations,

Galley,

(1) equipment rack

Conference table to seat (8), additional bench seating,

42”plasma with Smartboard

(2) 32” LCD,

42’ mast system,

TracStar sat. system,

DSS, emergency Light package,

I/O panel,

Nightscan light tower,

Sat. phone,

weather station,

GPS,

cab mounted computer station,

All in One,

(2) event clocks,

stabilizer jacks,

back up camera,

awning,

exterior graphics,

auto snow chains

All photos by and © of me

post-11-1228009430.jpg

Can't wait to see the rest of the photos. It looks to be a great piece of apparatus.

The "conference room":

post-11-1228009646.jpg

Left side slide outs, which give a ton of room inside......

post-11-1228009776.jpg

Interior foward workstation:

post-11-1228009893.jpg

The systems rack:

post-11-1228009991.jpg

Up-close shots of some of the radio heads on the systyems rack....

post-11-1228010092.jpg

Rear shot, with light tower, remote video camera, and weather station deployed, as well as the slide out:

post-11-1228010274.jpg

Another shot of the conference room, with the LCD TV on the left being from the elevate remote camera on the vehicle which would ideally show the scene, and a combination LCD TV/markerboard on the righ. And, of course, phones, laptop, and other hookup points on the tablet:

post-11-1228010519.jpg

Conference room, looking foward....

post-11-1228010631.jpg

And another angle from the back, with everything stowed...

post-11-1228010738.jpg

Another LCD TV linked to remote elevated camera.....with printer/fax/copier/photo printer being on the desk.

post-11-1228010914.jpg

The weather station...

post-11-1228011003.jpg

The drivers cab, with LCD reverse camera screen above driver, GPS with real time traffic in the middle of the dash, MDT mount, radios, and siren/emergency-scene light controls.

post-11-1228011137.jpg

Circuit breaker and electrical control panel:

post-11-1228011234.jpg

One of the foward workstation radio heads....

post-11-1228011309.jpg

The elevating, 360 degree, remote control full color weatherproof scene camera linked to all LCD screens inside and live playback device/DVD recorder:

post-11-1228011433.jpg

Welcome aboard....I think that's it for me tonight for the photos....hope you all enjoyed a little inside look and thanks again to those who made these photos possible!!!

post-11-1228011642.jpg

Definitely a well planned vehicle. Looks like a lot of thought went into specking it out.

another fancy piece of equipment they will never use

I was thinking the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have but is it really practical? Did it REALLY need a 'conference room'? IMO that money could have been used for a better purpose.

Neat rig though. Way to go Yonkers B)

Is that a serious comment? Sounds bitter to me. The old mobile command was used at many incidents. Why cant you just appreciate a nice piece of equipment?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have but is it really practical? Did it REALLY need a 'conference room'? IMO that money could have been used for a better purpose.

Neat rig though. Way to go Yonkers B)

I think the conference room is probably one of the more important features of this rig. It gives agency heads a place to discuss planning, logistics, etc.... while out of the elements but still able to keep a close eye on what is going on. The capabilities of this rig are incredible. We all hope that it never needs to be used but the reality of it is that sooner or later it will be put into operation and it sure is nice to be well prepared.

No bathroom? :P
How is this unit going to be used? Is it for large scale multi jurisdictional ops or will it be deployed on a regular basis?

I think the conference room is probably one of the more important features of this rig. It gives agency heads a place to discuss planning, logistics, etc.... while out of the elements but still able to keep a close eye on what is going on. The capabilities of this rig are incredible. We all hope that it never needs to be used but the reality of it is that sooner or later it will be put into operation and it sure is nice to be well prepared.

I have to agree with you! The "conference room" is what's lacking in most command vehicles that are well suited to support communications (i.e. multiple dispatch consoles, radios, etc.) but have no space for the incident commanders and agency representatives to get together. This vehicle is very well designed and truly oriented to serving the command function.

Good luck with it.

Some of my friends would tell me that I shouldn't sink to this individual's level and respond to his comment and I guess they're correct, so I will not respond to him directly.

However, when nonsense like this is posted it can give false impressions to readers of this forum so I will say this to you all...the individual is obviously bitter and / or jealous...Yonkers Fire can and does justify the purchase of needed equipment to the appropriate authorities...the leaders of the department are very comfortable explaining the necessity of any and all of our equipment based on past history and an intelligent analysis of what the future may bring...it is unfortunate that we are frequently attacked for all the hard work and thought that we put into securing funding to acquire needed equipment and then smartly planning the purchase of this equipment...