Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpdexplorer

Pearl Harbor Day

8 posts in this topic

Today is December 7th, 2008, the 67th Anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor, a "day which will live in infamy."

While you spend your day with your families, or at the firehouse, etc. please take a moment to remember the innocent souls that died that day.

Ditto.... I am glad to see that I am not the only person to pause and reflect on this day, such a big part of our country's history that many people just forget. I have an awful feeling that 9/11 will also slowly be forgotten by many.

I went over to see my father-in-law this morning, he is a WWII vet and he talked about this day and all that were lost on this historic day in USA history. Exactly what he said was that so many of us have forgotten that day, just like it never happened.

may we never forget either day!!!!!!!

As the Grandson and cousin of survivors, I thank you for starting this thread. It is my opinion that the 7th of December had fallen by the wayside until 9/11. Then the attack became a part of the story of 9/11, as the only times America had been "attacked" on their own soil. Now, after 7 years, I feel most of America sees 9/11 as just another day. I'm surprised the retail stores haven't found a way to have sales in junction with it. Rememberances seem to becoming fewer and fewer in numbers.

As was said, May We Never Forget. Either Attack....

BMC Frank C. Kuhlow, USS California, WIA recepient of the Purple Heart for wounds sustained in the Attack.

SMN Ray Kuhlow, USS California

As the Grandson and cousin of survivors, I thank you for starting this thread. It is my opinion that the 7th of December had fallen by the wayside until 9/11. Then the attack became a part of the story of 9/11, as the only times America had been "attacked" on their own soil. Now, after 7 years, I feel most of America sees 9/11 as just another day. I'm surprised the retail stores haven't found a way to have sales in junction with it. Rememberances seem to becoming fewer and fewer in numbers.

As was said, May We Never Forget. Either Attack....

BMC Frank C. Kuhlow, USS California, WIA recepient of the Purple Heart for wounds sustained in the Attack.

SMN Ray Kuhlow, USS California

I was saddened to see how many fire-houses ,ambulance corps :angry:buildings,American Legion halls,etc.,did not fly the flag at half -staff on Dec. 7th. This is an order by the President.