Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Online training

12 posts in this topic

Are there any free FF training sites?

Looking for like training videos and quizes

Thanks

Keep em coming the more the better LOL

I heard and read that you can do New York State Firefighter 1 on-line? How does that work in terms of certification and time frame?

I saw that also. My impression was that you could do the lecture part online but you still had to complete all of the practical parts. Hopefully.

I saw that also. My impression was that you could do the lecture part online but you still had to complete all of the practical parts. Hopefully.

That is correct, it is called Blended FFI

The National Fire Academy:

National Fire Academy

This one is very good along with EMI, Emergency Management Institute and the Independent Study Program you can't go wrong, they offer the NIMS training also.

http://training.fema.gov/IS/

http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.asp

http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp

Edited by markmets415

I heard and read that you can do New York State Firefighter 1 on-line? How does that work in terms of certification and time frame?

I administer the blended learning FF 1 for Westchester County, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. The certification is the same as if taking a traditional classroom based FF 1 course and the time frame really doesn't change all that much. By curriculum the hours are not that much different then the normal format. The "lecture" portions are done online through delmar learning and then the students come in on the scheduled nights and Saturdays for the skill portions of the course. Students have told me that they felt there was more work to do with the reading and online assignments then they thought there would be. Additionally with the blended learning format there is no wiggle room with assignments or attendance. If you miss an assignment on the due date, you are dropped. You miss a skills session you are dropped and there is no transition from a blended learning format to the regular FF 1 format. The online lessons I have to say impressed me when I received my instructor orientation to administer the course. With that said there are some areas where they aren't as solid as you would get with a live instructor being they have to be somewhat general because it is used state wide. So some of the skills time is used for outside lectures to cover some of the finer detail that is needed, particularly with things like SCBA operations and emergency procedures.

Thanks ya'll

Mark i knew about the FEMA site i had to do IS 100 and 700

ok Dave do you have any others that weren't offered up here yet????

Edited by markmets415