Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

How to add a PDF File to a website

14 posts in this topic

Is there anyone here that can help me add a pdf file (membership application) to our website so when viewing the site a prospective member can click on a link and the application displays (with acrobat) on their computer and they can print it out. I have tried a few things but I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanking you in advance,

Mark

Edited by markmets415

Should be able to upload it to your webserver and link to the file like any other page/file.

Edited by OoO

Should be able to upload it to your webserver and link to the file like any other page/file.

I have the application already in a PDF file format, how to I load it the webserver and get a link for it??????

I am in adobe and it is asking me if i want to copy the ulr when do that it sends it to a clipboard, where do I find this clipboard? the only one I see is back in Word, sorry I am not to great with this kinda stuff

Edited by markmets415

when i try to save it exactly how you have it Nate for some reason word won't accept it, i am ready to throw in the towel, is there a way I can send it to you in an email to see if it opens correctly????

Try going to the bottom of our website home page and click on the link and see what happens

Edited by markmets415

Try going to the bottom of our website home page and click on the link and see what happens

:mellow: GO TO BED MARK, IT'S LATE !! :P

I'm no web designer but now that you've gotten the file embedded in the page, you should be able to wrap the link in code tags,

your text [/url ] the same as in your signature, like this:

[url=https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=d9542786-86fb-4d11-b26a-84ded2076284]Membership Application[/url]

Link worked for me.

Does it load in adobe and can you print it??

It opened in a flash viewer, but wouldn't let me print.

This should work for you:

Upload the PDF to www.localhostr.com and then you can link to the file using the link they provide. You probably will want to check periodically that the link still works, as it could be removed after a period of time.

ok I will try that later, thanks hopefully it works

It opened in a flash viewer, but wouldn't let me print.

This should work for you:

Upload the PDF to www.localhostr.com and then you can link to the file using the link they provide. You probably will want to check periodically that the link still works, as it could be removed after a period of time.

THANK YOU, this worked perfectly, loads and prints fine.