Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Update On New Yonkers Squad 311

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard who has won the bid for the New Yonkers Squad 311. I heard it was between American LaFrance and Smeal. Any and all updates are appreciated

10-14 months

14 MONTHS!! :yikes: I can't wait 14 months!! Tell ALF to hurry up!! Yonkers FD better get some new apparatus in the meantime to hold me over!!!!

Can't wait to see the new Squad. Thanks for the updates.

Chief, is it true about three new engines as well...E303, E314, and one Smeal to be replaced... and I believe the Lt and I were discussing about the new ALF Rescue that was ordered...details please...

3 pumpers plus rescue pumper currently on order - 3 pumpers to replace 303, 314 & tentatively 304 - Rescue pumper for Squad 311 - also about to go out for bid 2 rear mounts to replace 70 & 74 and Rescue to replace Rescue 1

- also currently on order - sedan for Car 1 and two excursions for Batt 1 & 2

** also being delivered this week 2 - 18' trailers - one for Technical Rescue Support Unit & the other as a Mass Casaulty Trailer - more to follow

And the City Council just voted to accept a van being donated by Empress to serve as a YFD Communications platform. I think the van is about 8 or 10 years old.

That is true - the van was going to be used by Empress as an MCI unit but for several reasons found out it was not feasable - that is why the FD is putting together the MCI trailer - The Empress vehicle already had the interior gutted - this vehicle will work out perfect for the FD to operate its TRP-1000 interoperable communications unit out of- look for it to hit the street within 2 months

Nice...a mobile field comm for the YFD...will those in fire control be the one's to man it with the FCO?????

Oh and 2 more Excursions for a grand total of 4...What happens to the new b1 car and b2's expedition? B4 and B5?