Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
on the job

Updated Photos of New Hamburg Tower Ladder

18 posts in this topic

New Hamburg Fire District has place our new 2009 Tower Ladder into service at New Hamburg Station # 1 located at 15 Channingville Road.

The new tower ladder is a 2009 Sutphen SPH with the following specifications:

- 100 foot tower ladder with a pre-piped waterway capable of flowing 1500gpm.

- 2000gpm pump.

- 500 feet of 5 inch supply line.

- Cummings ICM Engine

- Carries all the typical "Truck Company" equipment for all truck operations.

The Run assignment for 53-45 are as follows:

- All reported structure fires

- Any automatic fire alarm in a commerical building.

*** YES our Tower is Really Yellow***

post-10035-1230602669.jpg

post-10035-1230602836.jpg

post-10035-1230602961.jpg

post-10035-1230603033.jpg

post-10035-1230603174.jpg

post-10035-1230603846.jpg

post-10035-1230603996.jpg

post-10035-1230604259.jpg

post-10035-1230604306.jpg

Very nice truck good luck with it....

P.S. It looked better in red............:-)

To New Hamburg and all its members. Good luck with the new truck and look forward to working with it more in the future. I don't care what color it is. Just keep sending it and your outstandinge members Chief....

Chief - Congrats on the new truck...... It's sharp and I DO like the white over yellow........ Someday I will get some working shots of it......... Best of luck with it!

Here's the "color corrected" shots of it at AFD's incident...... Do these look better????? Once I get my new PC straightened out I'll drop you off some prints......

443671788_BrPuK-XL.jpg

443676672_aosBW-XL.jpg

I got to see this in person the other day...what a beautiful truck. I love the look of the Sutphens and I think their 100' is a lot better than the 95's with the bucket being level to the deck, not hanging low, easier access to ladder tunnel and hose bed. Good luck with it.

Very. VERY nice....Good work spec'ing it....good luck withj it.

And the new truck of the year goes to...

The tower looks nice New Hamburg i especially like the parapet ladder. good luuck with the truck and be safe

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a fire apparatus referred to by the upcoming model year, like a normal vehicle.

Beautiful rig. Hope it performs as well as it looks. Best of luck!

Does this truck carry any water?

The truck does not carry any water.........only in the radiator. ;)

The New Hamburg Fire District is located in the Town of Pougkeepsie... that has in most part a excellent hydrant system, most of our hydrants run off large mains with good GPM and are every 400-500 feet apart.

Guy's good luck with the truck. I do however think it looked better it Bill's pictures so if you ever want to change the color and need a "Stand-By Crew" give us a call, we may be able to convert it like Rombout's Engine.

So the pump on the tower is just to help move water further, faster?

By putting a pump an the ladder you do not need need a nurse pumper just to supply the ladder if it's water is coming off a long stretch, hydrant, or drop tank. Unless you're on top of a kicking hydrant you will need a pump to supply your ladder. The debate becomes do you put the pump on the ladder where it takes up valuable space and adds weight or do you use one of the many pumpers that wind up scattered around the scene. Limited access scenes, water supply issues that require tanker shuttles or long stretches all make free engines harder to come by on scene and make putting a pump on the ladder a valuable addition.

As the Chief stated there is a 2000 GPM Hale Pump on this truck that is capable of pumping water for this vehicle. We do not have a tank because of the close proximity of excellent hydrants and the 5" hose that we carry for supply. With us not getting a tank that gave us more room for other items in compartments.

The debate becomes do you put the pump on the ladder where it takes up valuable space and adds weight or do you use one of the many pumpers that wind up scattered around the scene.

I could be wrong but doesn't the added weight of the "functioning" part of the truck (pump and tank) offset the amount of "dead" weight that's added to counter balance the aerial? I understand that the dead weight is most often placed behind the rear axle(s) but I thought that the weight of the pump and was taken into account in the end product.