Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fireman3484

Beekman Fire District Pierce Velocity PUC

16 posts in this topic

Since it got off topic in another thread, i figured id start a new one. We are anxiously awaiting the delivery of our new engine. It will be a 2008 Pierce PUC on a velocity chassis. Final inspection trip is next week! Pics to come. Features include:

6 Man Velocity Cab

1500 GPM Pump/1000 Gal tank

2-30 gallon foam cells 1 class A, 1 class B

Wil-burt Night Scan 4500W Telescoping Roof light

Harrison 30KW hydraulic generator

Hurst Trimo Electric Hydraulic Pump

3 pre-connected hurst tools mounted in front bumper(cutter, spreader, ram)

Remote Controlled TFT deck gun

Removable slide out tool boards

Full length upper coffin compartments

Will be set up so one side is all firefighting equipment and the other is all rescue equipment.

Production pictures and link to technical drawing: http://beekmanfireco.com/3412production.html

Edited by fireman3484

Now I see why you had to have deep pockets, we will not have the extrication tools, but will have a CAFS system. Good luck and can't wait to see the photos from your trip to Appleton.

Edited by markmets415

We were going to go with CAFS but it was too expensive of an option to have. If it were our first due, we would have considered it. It was about a 30K option.

Correct, as stated if we take off the extrication tools, hydraulic pump, 2 cell foam system, large generator as we would and it probably is close or over the 30K. The PUC is a sweet setup, especially from the maintenance standpoint

Just a quick question, you said "if it were our first due." Can you clarify what type of role this rig will play? With the hurst tools I assume a rescue/engine.

Which engine are you getting rid of, the Freightliner or the E-one?

Just a quick question, you said "if it were our first due." Can you clarify what type of role this rig will play? With the hurst tools I assume a rescue/engine.

This engine will be our primary auto accident/hazmat/vehicle response vehicle. Its also serve as our 3rd due source pumper at fires.

Which engine are you getting rid of, the Freightliner or the E-one?

We are getting rid of the POS freightliner.

Cough Cough Second Due Cough and the trip has been postponed until February 4. Apparently it's too warm out there or something.

Edited by Beekman

Littletouch of a cold coming there Chief? :lol:

Don't believe anyone who tells you Appleton weather is the same as Dutchess. I was sick for a month after the September trip.

Oops my bad...The CURRENT 12 is 3rd due. The NEW one will be 2nd. Bundle up and bring your tissues chief, im sure it wont be over 5 degrees !

last time I went to Appleton it was 60 when we arrived at 6pm, tornado warnings were issued and when we woke up it was friggin snowing!

Just wondering what due you have the power outlets in the cabniets in the for, one would assume its for ems equipment, but my understanding is that most of you guys don't run ems, just wondering

Just wondering what due you have the power outlets in the cabniets in the for, one would assume its for ems equipment, but my understanding is that most of you guys don't run ems, just wondering

Being that it is a Rescue pumper, I would assume that there is at least SOME degree of EMS "First Responder" equipment on board, as seems to be becoming the standard these days (i.e. suction, AED, charger for battery operated tools like Sawzalls etc....).

We do run on all EMS calls except for Mutual Aid Given. Our brush truck is handling the EMS call assignment as the pickup truck will soon be transferred to the Highway Department.

The outlets: One side will be a small refrigerator for water and the other side will be for portable radios, chargers and the like. Capability. Build the truck for its life expectancy, not just today.