Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - East Fishkill Fire District - 289 Blue Hill Rd. - 1/7/09

12 posts in this topic

451069994_86jXV-XL.jpg

Heavy smoke comes from the structure as interior crews hit the fire......

451070740_7tWhc-XL.jpg

A shot from the rear.....

451070437_kwtLK-XL.jpg

An interior crew member comes out for a break as heavy smoke continues to exit the basement window.....

451071717_VnViM-XL.jpg

The Village of Fishkill's FAST team arrives on the scene.......

451067979_6M8Vu-XL.jpg

Making progress.........

Edited by Photounit

451068010_TbsTi-XL.jpg

A probationary firefighter changes the bottle of an interior firefighter........

451068538_cVu8f-XL.jpg

East Fishkill Fire Investigator Kevin Geysen talks with an interior firefighter about what they encountered on arrival.........

451075021_cK5Sk-XL.jpg

Hey, does this thing get MTV? Two probationary firefighters checkout a thermal imaging camera used to fight the blaze.

451074550_jgLEG-XL.jpg

East Fishkill firefighter Kevin McNamara and his daughter who is also an East Fishkill firefighter, smile for the camera......

451076954_Pm4HQ-XL.jpg

Big brother is watching...... The Village of Fishkill's FAST team personnel monitor set up at the EFFD command post.....

Great shots as always Bill. You are the man. Thanks again for sharing and great to see you there.

Thomas

I looked through this gallery on your site Bill - very nice series. Obvious manpower shortage in the begining - good stop despite that. Good work EFFD.

Will you be posting any from the PFD job?

I looked through this gallery on your site Boll - very nice series. Obvious manpower shortage in the begining - good stop despite that. Good work EFFD.

Will you be posting any from the PFD job?

Thanks Dan..... Yes, I basically attended overhaul so don't expect much :(

Nice pics I always like looking at your pics you take alot of good ones.

Thanks Dan..... Yes, I basically attended overhaul so don't expect much :(

At the risk of highjacking this thread, I don't care if the pics of ANY fires are action packed or not - I enjoy seeing them for the quality, and more importantly - to learn from them.

These EFFD pics are not of a major worker, but still they capture me -I LOVE to look at each member in a picture and tear it apart - what gear are they wearing and how? What tools do they have? Apparatus placement? How did the fire effect the building? How did the building react to fire? The Command Post...ANY tips I can pick up.

I enjoy seeing the PFD pics to see people and how they work - to put faces to names...

No matter how simple - I enjoy all of your pics.

Edited by x129K

Well I dont know if Bill is gonna post hear, I would be honored though "cough, cough", But on his webstie Number 17th picture is me. You are welcome to tear on me, lol.

Thomas

Well I dont know if Bill is gonna post hear, I would be honored though "cough, cough", But on his webstie Number 17th picture is me. You are welcome to tear on me, lol.

Thomas

Looking good! :P

I should have used "disect" in place of "tear apart". ;)

Thomas

Jeez Tom, a little drama queen?? Lol, you sure like the limelight eh??

nice pics as always and disect away thats how we all learn Dan from the positive and negative

Great shots Bill again, Excellent work East Fishkill and Dan I love the pictures as well, especially the ones of the members working, the faces and what they are doing.

If you don't learn, you're in the wrong business.

Edited by markmets415