Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

In remembrance and appreciation of Richard F. Quigley AKA Q-Medic

11 posts in this topic

Hundreds of family and friends braving single digit temperatures assembled in Kingston N.Y. on Thursday January 15,2009 to pay tribute to Paramedic/ Firefighter/ Friend Rich Quigley. Rich passed away while trying to help at an auto accident that he came upon on the Taconic Parkway in the East Fishkill Fire District on January 10, 2009 as he was on his way home after completing his 24 hr shift as the Medic on Town of Wappinger Medic #2. Numerous Emergency Service Agencies participated in the service for Rich who touched, and even in some cases saved the lives of so many people and he will never be forgotten....... Rest in peace our friend........

457445060_Fbivp-XL.jpg

The funeral procession arrives at the church as Town of Wappinger Medic #2 and Putnam County Medic #3 make the front of the church.... Rich would medic on these two buses.....

457450102_hotNM-XL.jpg

Hundreds of family and friends braved the snow and single-digit temperatures to say goodbye........

457455324_feRCG-XL.jpg

The casket is moved into the church for the service.

457470069_iANMK-X2.jpg

The service now complete, the casket is placed into the bed of Ulster Hose Company #5's Rescue 1 by members of the Dutchess County Sheriffs Office Honor Guard, EMS personnel, and members of Ulster Hose Company #5 for Rich's final run.......

457474324_uF44X-X2.jpg

All facets of the Emergency Service Community were represented at the service. Here, fourteen Police Dogs and their handlers from numerous Hudson Valley Police Departments awaited the arrival of the funeral procession at the gates to the cemetery. In the background are the City of Kingston and Ulster Hose #5 Ladders performing the flag honor.

Edited by Photounit

457485693_GXSxB-X2.jpg

Even the Police dogs were sad.......

457482135_5dAr7-X2.jpg

The procession arrives at the cemetery as the the Police K-9 Honor Guard is in place.

457482473_56YSJ-X2.jpg

Members of Ulster Hose #5 bid farewell.....

457486262_tYbJf-X2.jpg

Rich's gear......

457490606_CUEoR-X2.jpg

Rich's son Tim, admires his fathers helmet which was presented to him at the service as Rich's other son Rich Jr, who is also a firefighter with Ulster Hose #5, looks on ......

The gallery of all the images are here: http://fdphotounit.smugmug.com/gallery/713...457490606_CUEoR

Images are NOT right click protected and the originals are available for download for non commercial use to anybody who wants them.......

Edited by Photounit

thanks for sharing in this difficult times I'm glad so many people showed up for someone whose life was helping others!!!

On a side note would this be considered LODD not that it matters just curious as if it falls in the scope

Bill the album is password protected on the website.. just FYI..

I hate seeing the kids with the helmets i still remember Paul Tegtmeier's funeral

Bill the album is password protected on the website.. just FYI..

Thanks Rich..... Not sure why it still was but it's open now......

Bill thank you for sharing these images, it goes without saying; one tough assignment.

I was completely awed by the show of support for not only "Quigs" but for his family. I'm sure that they were comforted in the fact that he was respected, admired, loved by all and what a fitting tribute that so many came to pay their final respects to such a great man......later that afternoon I'm sure that the reason he left us was so that he would protect those on the US Airways plane that landed in the Hudson River. Our guardian angel was at watch as usual........

Till we meet again Quigs........