Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

"It is the firefighter's courage to storm a stairway filled with smoke"

7 posts in this topic

From President Obama's Inugaration Speech:

"It is the firefighter's courage to storm a stairway filled with smoke"

Not only the fact that he mentioned firefighters in his speech, he didn't use 9/11 or anything general to triumph firefighters or just use it to embelish his speech.......his words, and the entire speech spoke volume and was one of the best I've ever heard. The comment about storming a stairway filled with smoke shows, to me, that he really understands firefighters and their true job, and how firefighters represent true Americans. He is a leader who has the power to inspire, as witnessed by the million people standing in the freezing cold for hours just to be there. I know he will do the right thing for Fire, EMS, and PD.

As one of my sponsors stated to me - "I didn't vote for him, but if he can turn this mess we are in around, I will be behind him 100 percent. "

All we can do now is give him a fair shake.

Hearing those words filled me with so much pride and humility. It has been a long time since I last felt that way and that sentence will stay with me for a long time to come. Congratulations to everyone in the fire service. You are now respected by your president for doing your jobs, not for losing your life in the course of your duties. Thank you President Obama!

When I heard that, I thought all of the same things too.

"As one of my sponsors stated to me " Is there something your not saying there Dan? :)

"As one of my sponsors stated to me " Is there something your not saying there Dan? :)

?????

No....meaning one of my archery company sponsors...www.trophyridge.com

I shall be partaking in several Silver Bullets at Copperfields... ;)