Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC2OBW

City Pok Structure fire 1/20/2009

54 posts in this topic

Here are some shots I took with my cell phone, again sorry for the poor quality.

I just so Happen to be getting out of work at Vassar. Decided to stop by. Only good shot I could get with my camera phone (left my new camera home). Bill Johnson (FDPhotoUnit) was fortunately there to snap many shots.

From the Front. At this time the building had been evacuated and it was a exterior operation. Blitzfire operating lower right hand corner.

IMAGE_188.jpg

Edited by SPFC56-233

Lucky you, you where able to get close..lol I saw you walking towards it, I posted a video don't know if you saw that, the closest I was able to get was a small parking lot the next street over. I didn't want to get too close.

Lucky you, you where able to get close..lol I saw you walking towards it, I posted a video don't know if you saw that, the closest I was able to get was a small parking lot the next street over. I didn't want to get too close.

I attempted a video with Ladder 1 operating but did not come out good. Next time I will have my real camera on me.

I attempted a video with Ladder 1 operating but did not come out good. Next time I will have my real camera on me.

Lunch Box to City 911, I'm 10-5. :lol:

Don't think that would go over to well ;) . Kudos to PFD on their solid work.

Edited by SPFC56-233

LOL..yeah it was a little too cold out for me so I didn't stay long. I should probably buy a real camera or borrow my GirlFriends Rebal.

458861192_Eaqwy-X2.jpg

City of Poughkeepsie with the assitance of the Fairview and Arlington FD's battled a fire in a 3 story wood frame dwelling with exposeures on Lincoln Ave near Reade PL. The third floor was well off on arrival as depicted in the above photo.... More photo's later as long as no one complains about their SCBA straps........ :o

Edited by Photounit

PFD was able to keep all the exposures protected. Fire contained to the building of origin.

PFD was able to keep all the exposures protected. Fire contained to the building of origin.

Thanks. I was looking at the photos and those exposures on the B & D sides we tight, especially the D exposure. I'd like to know more about the attack and the exposure protection, if anyone can share it.

I'm a huge buff like that, thanks. :rolleyes:

Missed a "tree deckah" by 8 minutes k....just my luck!

Another good job by the PFD!

and you too Bill! I ALMOST turned around, but I was already in Millbrook and had to be back early this morn...

Edited by x129K

THAT would make MY day..... :lol::lol:

.... More photo's later as long as no one complains about their SCBA straps........ :o

HA ! Very Funny !! Yes, That Horse Is Dead...

Nice Photo Bill, Send More........

From what I heard, a great job by PFD. I was impressed hearing the request for the signal to witdraw, tones and horns. Don't hear that often.

Bill, awaiting the awsome pictures.

Thanks. I was looking at the photos and those exposures on the B & D sides we tight, especially the D exposure. I'd like to know more about the attack and the exposure protection, if anyone can share it.

I'm a huge buff like that, thanks. :rolleyes:

We were listening to this at work and were pretty familiar with the block because we drive by it pretty much every time we go to or from Vassar Brothers. Those residences are indeed VERY tight and they did have to do some work on the B exposure (per radio traffic) but it sounds like they were on top of it quickly.

Hey City guys, was firefighter Hicks working last night for his first big job as a city firefighter?

AND GOD I HOPE HE WAS WEARING HIS WAIST STRAP!!!!! LOL

Edited by x134

THAT would make MY day..... :lol::lol:

Now if I had got out of work on time might have thought about it.... ;)

From what I heard, a great job by PFD. I was impressed hearing the request for the signal to witdraw, tones and horns. Don't hear that often.

Bill, awaiting the awsome pictures.

A little Q2B Also.

Hey City guys, was firefighter Hicks working last night for his first big job as a city firefighter?

AND GOD I HOPE HE WAS WEARING HIS WAIST STRAP!!!!! LOL

Did not see him there. Poor Hicksie... :P

Missed a "tree deckah" by 8 minutes k....just my luck!

Another good job by the PFD!

and you too Bill! I ALMOST turned around, but I was already in Millbrook and had to be back early this morn...

Dan,

You're a lightweight...... I got home at 3:00 AM and was at work at 6:30 AM for another 12 hr shift..... You gotta suck it up dude!!!!!! Although right now I'm constantly telling myself I'm not a 20 yr old any more...... :wacko:

I took about 400 shots (I was doing some experimenting) and some video too..... Not sure when I'll be able to go through them but their was lots of fire which is something I haven't seen in a while...... :D

400 shots!? Good Lord!

(Post them ALL! LOL!

Na, I can't - I don't want to trash your record for the most photo's uploaded ;):D

I'm just wondering why does the picture look really orange?

Anyone know if they knocked down the Bldg today? Heard the street was closed around early afternoon?

I'm just wondering why does the picture look really orange?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh........ Because........Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... The flames were orange????????

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh........ Because........Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... The flames were orange????????

Idk it just looks really orange to me.

That is awesome Bill, great job as always.

Thomas

458861192_Eaqwy-X2.jpg

City of Poughkeepsie with the assitance of the Fairview and Arlington FD's battled a fire in a 3 story wood frame dwelling with exposeures on Lincoln Ave near Reade PL. The third floor was well off on arrival as depicted in the above photo.... More photo's later as long as no one complains about their SCBA straps........ :o

looking at the photo for other things than the straps, did you see the ladder under the porch on the dwelling to the left, and was that a burned off wire, guide cable or just old rope hanging through the tree down to about where the hose stream is, it looks like there is one attached also. I thought is was a branch at first but it is comes down straight and has a funny "v" on the end. Maybe it was the rope to swing over over the fence :rolleyes: Another great shot.