Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New ER's in Westchester County?

15 posts in this topic

OK, this shows how out of the loop I am.

1. Has Northern Westchester Hospital started construction on their new ER yet?

2. Has Phelps opened their new ER yet?

3. Has White Plains completed this new ER yet?

4. Will Sound Shore be redoing their ER?

5. Mount Vernon Hospital....nevermind

Phelps has opened...and its layout and look reminds me a lot of Putnam's.

The others the brothers from a little farther south will have to answer.

Hudson Valley's major expansion is continuing on and will not be completed I believe for another year.

4. Will Sound Shore be redoing their ER? 5. Mount Vernon Hospital....nevermind

SSMC did some work about a year or so (holding beds in what use to be staff areas, they were relocated).

MVH has been planning for a long time, until all the money vanished, now lots of questions have been asked and rumor is they may have found the missing $$$. We shall see.

OK, this shows how out of the loop I am.

1. Has Northern Westchester Hospital started construction on their new ER yet?

2. Has Phelps opened their new ER yet?

3. Has White Plains completed this new ER yet?

4. Will Sound Shore be redoing their ER?

5. Mount Vernon Hospital....nevermind

Northern Westchester Hospital hope to break gound in early April of this year..

Can someone elaborate further on Northern Westchesters ER expansion, where is it going to be, what is going to happen in the mean time, how much will it cost, when will it be done, anything really.

I remember hearing a lot about it but that was a little while ago.....and now I have zero info.

Northern Westchester-

20,000 sq ft ER expansion with 17,000 sq ft second floor addition reaching out into the parking lot and 500 space parking garage in the south lot They recently struck a deal with Chappaqua Crossing (Readers Digest property) to allow staff parking and shuttle buses to the hospital. I think the original figure was $25 million and the goal is completion by the end of 2010.

I heard there was a hold up with NWH because of the town board is that true?

I have also heard that the little strip of stores across from friendly's has to go for the new expantion at NWH?

I heard there was a hold up with NWH because of the town board is that true?

I have also heard that the little strip of stores across from friendly's has to go for the new expantion at NWH?

Last I herd the strip is staying. Originally it was in the plans to be taken leveled, but if i understand correctly NWH does not own the entire strip

Last I herd the strip is staying. Originally it was in the plans to be taken leveled, but if i understand correctly NWH does not own the entire strip

The strip of stores stays.. The hospital owes all the stores in the strip. The fish market on the corner, which is a separate builing is not owned by NWH.

Final Village approval is expected mid Febuary, if that occurs, construction fences go up around March 15th, shovel in the ground early April.

The new Phelps ER is amazing. The first time I saw it, my jaw was dragging on the floor as I was getting the tour from a nurse. Everything is laid out nicely, plenty of space for patients, a nice EMS "lounge" and restock area. They really outdid themselves.

To add on to what Capt Nechis said, Soundshore has also done some recent work to the ER waiting areas. They now have a seperate waiting area for pediatrics off the main waiting room. The new holding beds are nice, 6 in total, but they aren't in view of the nurses station. Other than that, the only gripe I have about Soundshore is the lack of ambulance parking!

Also, White Plains has moved the EMS entrance back to where it used to be at the bottom of the ER parking lot, but inside the ER is still the same.

To add on to what Capt Nechis said, Soundshore has also done some recent work to the ER waiting areas. They now have a seperate waiting area for pediatrics off the main waiting room. The new holding beds are nice, 6 in total, but they aren't in view of the nurses station. Other than that, the only gripe I have about Soundshore is the lack of ambulance parking!

They do not have any land for parking. Most dont know it, but the ER driveway, is a city owned street

They do not have any land for parking. Most dont know it, but the ER driveway, is a city owned street

Wow... You learn something new every day! B)

The strip of stores stays.. The hospital owes all the stores in the strip. The fish market on the corner, which is a separate builing is not owned by NWH.

Final Village approval is expected mid Febuary, if that occurs, construction fences go up around March 15th, shovel in the ground early April.

thanks for the clarification.

The new Phelps ER is amazing. The first time I saw it, my jaw was dragging on the floor as I was getting the tour from a nurse. Everything is laid out nicely, plenty of space for patients, a nice EMS "lounge" and restock area. They really outdid themselves.

Also, White Plains has moved the EMS entrance back to where it used to be at the bottom of the ER parking lot, but inside the ER is still the same.

The new ER @ Phelps is nice, but they didn't thnk about ever having EMS stretchers get in the rooms with the patients...you can barely fit the hospital stretcher and the ems stretcher in the room together...forget about working a code in one of those rooms, you ill have to tell everyone to get out and have someone straddle the pt to do CPR...oh yeah and nice that they put the EMS writing area near the decon showers and away from everyone else...great idea..no place for restock of drugs, and you have to put the hospital dispostion code in to get in and it is in the worst place!

Don't get me started on WPHC, the old/new entrance sucks, security is never there as usual, the automatic doors work some of the time and nothing has changed about the waiting time once you actually get in to the er...

Don't get me started on WPHC, the old/new entrance sucks, security is never there as usual, the automatic doors work some of the time and nothing has changed about the waiting time once you actually get in to the er...

I believe the new entrance is just the beginning and they are building a whole new ER. I agree though, the wait time for a bed is worse there than any other hospital in Westchester.