Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdc202

Fire in East Fishkill 1/30/09 Photos added

20 posts in this topic

I heard Rombout relocating to East Fishkill.per dispatch they were wroking at a fire . Anyone hear anymore about this?

yea, one of the guys at the fd said the same thing after we had a call, i didn't get any info though

I don't know all of the details, but it was originally a call for smoke in the residence possible from the fireplace. It was then reported as a chimney fire. U/A of units they found smoke in a bedroom; a 2nd alarm was put out bringing in additional resources from East Fishkill and m/a from Beekman & Rombout.. may have been another m/a company in there too. I believe the end result was fire in the wall caused from the Chimney. Sorry that's all the details I have; maybe someone from East Fishkill will have more details later!

First dispatch was East Fishkill Station 1, 2 Sub-Station 2, 4 with 39-67 for smoke in the residence possible from the fire place. Second dispatch was possible chimney fire. Right after that was 2nd Alarm of Fire East Fishkill 39-33, -34, -56, -71; Village Of Fishkill FASTeam; Mobile Life; Beekman with an engine to go on stand by at East Fishkill Station 2 and Pawling with an engine to go on stand by at East Fishkill Sub-Station 2 for chimney fire with possible extension to the structure. Rombout on stand by at Station 1 I believe. I was not on the scene. That was the only dispatches I heard. Call went out at 1449 and was cleared by 1630. Unknown what was at the scene. I hope this helps.

Thomas

First dispatch was East Fishkill Station 1, 2 Sub-Station 2, 4 with 39-67 for smoke in the residence possible from the fire place. Second dispatch was possiable chimney fire. Right after that was 2nd Alarm of Fire East Fishkill 39-33, -34, -56, -71; Villiage Of Fishkill FASTeam; Mobile Life; Beekman with an engine to go on stand by at East Fishkill Station 2 and Pawling with an engine to go on stand by at East Fishkill Sub-Station 2 for chimney fire with possible extension to the structure. Rombout on stand by at Station 1 I believe. I was not on the scene. That was the only dispatches I heard. Call went out at 1449 and was cleared by 1630. Unknown what was at the scene. I hope this helps.

Thomas

Units o/s were 39-1, 39-2, 39-4, 39-11, 39-15, 39-56, 39-67, 39-71, 39-81, 39-97, 42-12, 34-1, 34-13, and multiple EF tankers for water shuttle.

Other engines were assigned to draft sites, including "39-21" (39-16 as acting 39-21), 39-14 relocated to EFFD HQ, Rombout relocated to EFFD St. 1, 39-17 I am not sure where they ended up (draft site I am assuming).

I brought my camera with me, but forgot to grab some photos when I had the chance!

Assistance for laddering the roof was rendered by Village of Fishkill with 42-12, since EF 39-46 is OOS for work being done on it.

Our Chief sent and email to us and said, GREAT JOB! We had a fire in a wood fireplace. The first crews got in there had stopped it from getting to the attic and it was a BIG house. So I hope this helps even more. To get a picture of the scene. Anyone want to draw one with these details??? LOL

Thomas

Our Chief sent and email to us and said, GREAT JOB! We had a fire in a wood fireplace. The first crews got in there had stopped it from getting to the attic and it was a BIG house. So I hope this helps even more. To get a picture of the scene. Anyone want to draw one with these details??? LOL

Thomas

No, what I said was a "wood fireplace chase". You could have gotten a picture, had you been there. :P

No, what I said was a "wood fireplace chase". You could have gotten a picture, had you been there. :P

Yea, and if SOMEONE (nate) didn't show up late to the party, he may have gotten to do something!! LOL

Units o/s were 39-1, 39-2, 39-4, 39-11, 39-15, 39-56, 39-67, 39-71, 39-81, 39-97, 42-12, 34-1, 34-13, and multiple EF tankers for water shuttle.

Other engines were assigned to draft sites, including "39-21" (39-16 as acting 39-21), 39-14 relocated to EFFD HQ, Rombout relocated to EFFD St. 1, 39-17 I am not sure where they ended up (draft site I am assuming).

I brought my camera with me, but forgot to grab some photos when I had the chance!

Assistance for laddering the roof was rendered by Village of Fishkill with 42-12, since EF 39-46 is OOS for work being done on it.

39-17 responded driver alone, and got told to stand by at HQ, since there was additional manpower already at HQ along with 39-14 and crew.......

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Yea, and if SOMEONE (nate) didn't show up late to the party, he may have gotten to do something!! LOL

I did get to help with overhaul thank you very much!!

Ok, now time for some pics

post-3766-1233367687.jpg

Shortly after my arrival with 39-71, Rob Arno in the foreground

post-3766-1233367695.jpg

Closer view

post-3766-1233367700.jpg

second line going in the door

post-3766-1233367706.jpg

Fire starting to burn through the Chimney Face

post-3766-1233367718.jpg

Firefighter starting ventilation

post-3766-1233367746.jpg

Beekman Chief Sean Beresford, and 2 East Fishkill FFs getting ready to go in

post-3766-1233368346.jpg

Village of Fishkill 42-12 in the air

post-3766-1233368442.jpg

COmmand Hard at work!

post-3766-1233368602.jpg

Village guys taking a rest after some good work...

post-3766-1233368663.jpg

Our Fearless LEADER!! :D

Now just just bear in mind, I took ALL of these pictures with my camera phone, i think they came out quite well!

Good work by all, great save

Edited by EFFP411

Excellent stop by East Fishkill. Great job by all.

He couldn't have gotten a picture chief, his crayons would have frozen.......

He couldn't have gotten a picture chief, his crayons would have frozen.......

OUCH! :lol:

what was the address

as per 1st responder.. 4 eleanor david ct.

Maps.Live.Com Aerial View

Click on "Bird's Eye View" for a good look at the house.

Since maps.google.com won't show the ACTUAL address, the bet info they could give me was the Latitude and Longitude of the house, so for those with the time and patience, here it is!

41.580453, -73.775320

This is true and I do feel the LOVE. My fellow heros and friends. :D

Thomas

Maps.Live.Com Aerial View

Click on "Bird's Eye View" for a good look at the house.

Since maps.google.com won't show the ACTUAL address, the bet info they could give me was the Latitude and Longitude of the house, so for those with the time and patience, here it is!

41.580453, -73.775320

Does that look like a tanker in the driveway?

Does that look like a tanker in the driveway?

Yes, it does look like an oil tanker. Seems to me I have seen construction equipment in that private road for years though.

Thanks for the info everyone. Nice pics too