Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oilflame

Hastings On Hudson "NEW" Engine 46

33 posts in this topic

Nice truck.....

FYI, it is really hard to get a good look at the truck with it being so far back in the album.

What are the specs?

Does Hastings still have the 1980 Hahn, Engine 43?

Yes it is used as a spare rig and carries the Hurst tool and is first due on all MVA's

Yes it is used as a spare rig and carries the Hurst tool and is first due on all MVA's

But, it's almost 40 years old? To anybody in Hastings FD, any reason why it's being kept in service as a first line rescue? I know the tools used to be kept on the ambulances, but wouldn't there be modern vehicle better suited for this purpose? Unless Riverview's 1984 Hahn is going to replace this- or maybe the new tiller will carry the tools?

Nice rig!

Thats a crap ton of survior lights in the cab.

Nice rig good luck with it

Hastings is in the process of converting eng 43 to a rescue rig...Yes it is 30 years old, but other than a little bit of rust there are no problems with the truck at all. The village is not going to go for a new engine this year, a new ladder next year and a rescue. The rescue goes on about 100 runs a year...

But, it's almost 40 years old? To anybody in Hastings FD, any reason why it's being kept in service as a first line rescue? I know the tools used to be kept on the ambulances, but wouldn't there be modern vehicle better suited for this purpose? Unless Riverview's 1984 Hahn is going to replace this- or maybe the new tiller will carry the tools?

Eng 43 is a spare eng but now it has the extication tool on it and that is were it is going to stay for a while. As for you calling it a "first line rescue " it really is not becuse it only goes to mvas that have confermed emtrapment. and also the old eng 46 hann will not becoming the new 43 becuse the curent 43 is in better condition the the old 46. and i really dought that the tilller will carry the tools

Sharp looking rig, good luck with her!!!

I take the reason why you going with another tiller is because many of the volunteers work in the village

Thats a crap ton of survior lights in the cab.

Nice rig good luck with it and I counted 10 so if it's a ten man cab than that's not alot of survivor lights that's enough for everybody on the rig.

I take the reason why you going with another tiller is because many of the volunteers work in the village

As noted inanother thread, the tiller is necessary as it is the only type of truck that will make it on half the streets. half the streets have sharp turns with very small intersections that passenger cars have difficulty making the turns when another vehicle is present.

good luck with the new engine and the tiller when it is put into service

quick stats.

2008 Maurarder II. 10 man cab with 8 seats

1750/500/50

used as a front line engine.

1000' 5"

2 preconnected 1 3/4" attack lines (200' each)

1 pre connect in bed of 150' 3" then 250' 1 3/4

2 1/2 inch attack bed

3" attack bed with water theif (as a portable standpipe)

3" supply bed

hand tools, cans, ice rescue gear and all the other fun stuff

Sure are gonna miss that trail of BLACK SMOKE comming out of the exhaust every time we pass that RIG. :lol: You can now throw away all those cans of GREY spray paint and replenish with MOTHERS.Guys are sure to get tennis elbow and it wount be from the tennis court down the street. :lol: Looks great and cograts to all the members of ENGINE 46 who put in a lot of time and effort. :D "PS" I heard E.E. and J.D. want to drive it. :lol:

Very similar to our rig a 2006 seagrave, especialy the cab. I like the low hosebed, ours is high cuase we wanted a extra cabinet just below the hosebed. Looks nice good luck with it.

Just note we had and still have a problem with our cab tilt light coming on when we go down hills and the low transmission fluid alarm would go off sometimes going down hills, dam technology, no real problems the sensores just thinks there is. Overall we enjoy our rig and find it to be more than useful. Seagrave seems to make a great product.

no real problems the sensors just think there is. Overall we enjoy our rig and find it to be more than useful. Seagrave seems to make a great product.

Seagrave does make a superior product. They tried to keep it simple and minimalize the electronic components for years, but now it's becoming the standard. A lot of the issue is with the sensor manufacturer, not the apparatus manufacturers. Another issue is dirt or neglect in the sensor or area of the sensor on the departments part.

Very nice rig, and as Squadco said, very similar to our engine in Croton. I really like the lower hosebed, and the chrome paneling on the side of the cab. Good luck with it!

how many sets of extrication tools are on engine 43

there is 1 set

is there any other truck in the dept that carries the hurst tool

NO not at this time. the only rig that carrys the tool is 43

Do you plan on buying another set of hurst tools because one set of hurst tools might not be enough