Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

LACOFD Lifeguard Hybrid Ford Escape

12 posts in this topic

looks sweet!!!! am a big fan of yellow. love the light bar cold spring fd has the same one on there chief truck.

Nice truck but could use some chrome or alloyed colored rims don't like the dark colored rims,also looks like the lightbar is on upside down lol.

Edited by Bootheng161

While I am not familiar with LACoFD Lifeguard operations, I can assume that the reason for the black wheels is that it is going to be driving on sand and other off road places along the coastline and thus chrome or other style rims will become warn and faded so by going with black rims there is a lesser chance of the rims getting dirty and losing chrome.

That style lightbar is also on Katonah cars 2211 and 2213 if I am not mistaken....

That style lightbar is made by Federal Signal under the brand name Arjent.

Here are some specs:

http://www.fedsig.com/products/config/inde...rames.arjent_sl

http://www.fedsig.com/products/config/inde...rames.arjent_s2

Looks nice, nice lightbar also and I like the flat black rims

Ford made it very clear that that they are Hybrids, seemed to have as many Ford stickers as Lifeguard decals! I also am digging that lovely arjent bar, and the dark rims.

Edited by SpartanML

I like it. How does that work are you like a lifeguard during the summer and a firefighter the rest of the year?

Looks nice, but they looked better when they were Ford Rangers with LACo Beaches & Harbors stickers and CJ Parker behind the wheel.

I think the dark wheels have something to do with it being a hybrid? I have always wondered that since hybrids came out. The wheels always seem to have less openings for heat dissipation and usually darker then normal wheels on the same regular models. It may have to do with the way that the brakes recharge the batteries and it retaining more heat? Anyone know if this is true just a guess. :unsure:

Edited by Scottyk107

It looks like the dark rims might be after market. If you look at the rear driver side rim in the first picture, you can see that a good portion of the black has already started to peel awhile.

The "HYBRID" here seems politically motivated...I don't see how these will actually produce any better gas mileage driving along the beach and not braking all that much. Just seems like a waste to me, and I am all for finding a better way and going "green"! However, I don't see this doing much for the environment what-so-ever. Nice looking though, wish we had beaches to patrol around here...

I should mention, as customary, the LACoFD lifeguard divsion gets it's trucks free, in exchange for the markering value of signs and their vehicles being on a crowded beach.

Previousy, their sponsor was Nissan.