Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert benz

Roof Vent with no PPE

18 posts in this topic

Well the guy on the ladder fastened his waist straps, I don't see the problem or should a roof ladder been used while venting?

thats hysterical. ud think that the FF on the ladder would have been smart enough to swap with him, guess not

I love that one comment somebody left... "Must be the chief." Amen to that.

I love that one comment somebody left... "Must be the chief." Amen to that.

I was thinking the same thing but it could also be the homeowner if the homeowner was a current or former fireman.

I was thinking the same thing but it could also be the homeowner if the homeowner was a current or former fireman.

Of course this does look ridiculous, but the question to me isn't so much why is the guy on the roof not wearing PPE, but rather why are none of the guys who are wearing PPE on the roof getting it open?

If this was my house and the roof wasn't getting opened, I'd do much the same thing, except the hole would be much bigger and higher up, and I would of stole a hook to push the ceilings down.

If anyone's feelings got hurt, I'd apologize and suggest that they qtip.

I bet a lot of you guys would do the same.

Yikes...

At least the guy on the ladder in PPE was using the buddy system and backing him up to keep him from falling off the roof and getting injured!!! :blink:

all he needs now is a cigar in his mouth!

No beer?

Nice video thanks for sharing too many things wrong to even start to talk about it

Well maybe he went with the "logic" that if the roof failed, he would be more mobile and be able to get off the roof faster with no turnout gear on? Also, in regards to the size of the hole, it was only a one story cottage, so how much of a vent hole do you really need? <--- insert sarcasm here.

Well first of all the hole is too small :lol::lol: second its not high :P enough on the building third he might be useing the new fangled nomex civilian fire protection suit that we have all been waiting for....or mabey you just cant fix stupid.

Chief Flynn you are right again if it was my house and it wasent getting done ...you might have to take things into your own hands, but at least have gloves

generally before I reach down into a hole intended to exhaust heat I want at least some gloves or even mittens.

generally before I reach down into a hole intended to exhaust heat I want at least some gloves or even mittens.

OVEN MITTS! :D