Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tapout

Please sign this Extreme Makeover: Home Edition petition

54 posts in this topic

While I think the petition is a great idea and I signed it myyself it should be noted that once signed you recieve an email from the sponsor soliciting a donation of $100 or more for the project. I feel that this is in poor taste.

I signed earlier today and haven't received a soliciting email.

did it good idea hope it works out my fiance's uncle is a contractor and did a house last year for the show very good idea alot of hidden costs behind the scene's that no one knows about untill you do a show i would think thats were the e-mail for the donations comes from

I signed the petition tonite I hope the show picks the family,there is a lot more to it than just this petition though so hopefully the rest will work out.

The family sure could use the uplifting experience this could give them.

While I understand your efforts and applaud your concern, how about listening to what the family wants instead of going off on your own? The house has been leveled and carted away, the foundation has been dug up and the site has been filled with stone. In the spring, the stone will be overlaid with top soil and seeded. The wife of the man killed in the house has indicated that she DOES NOT want to rebuild on the site, at least for the time being. If you are proposing a home on another site, fine, but perhaps the woman who just lost her husband on that block can't stand the thought of returning there and living, no matter how the house gets built. As I said, commendable of you to want to help, but how about taking the family's wishes into consideration here?

I signed earlier today and haven't received a soliciting email.

i signed yesterday ,early, still no email maybe only hitting up the rich memebers :D

I just checked my e mail and the site is asking for a 1.00 donation to keep the free site going. I didn't see anything asking for 100.00....

While I understand your efforts and applaud your concern, how about listening to what the family wants instead of going off on your own? The house has been leveled and carted away, the foundation has been dug up and the site has been filled with stone. In the spring, the stone will be overlaid with top soil and seeded. The wife of the man killed in the house has indicated that she DOES NOT want to rebuild on the site, at least for the time being. If you are proposing a home on another site, fine, but perhaps the woman who just lost her husband on that block can't stand the thought of returning there and living, no matter how the house gets built. As I said, commendable of you to want to help, but how about taking the family's wishes into consideration here?

I'd certainly take into consideration the family's wishes IF I KNEW THEM. But I don't so I can't. Perhaps, if they are chosen and express what you think are their views and wishes, the show will accomodate them and build elsewhere. Thanks for the input.

Done,

Glad to be of assistance. It's a very worthwhile cause and the reason behind it proves once again there are still good people in this world

joe

I'd certainly take into consideration the family's wishes IF I KNEW THEM. But I don't so I can't. Perhaps, if they are chosen and express what you think are their views and wishes, the show will accomodate them and build elsewhere. Thanks for the input.

First of all, and before I get tagged as a malcontent, I have no problem with doing something for the family. If they had wanted a house rebuilt on the site, fine. I just think that it should be with the family's input, and not just slapped together without thinking about it first. Don't forget that some family members were in the house when the plane hit, and managed to escape. There will no doubt be bad memories of that incident among the survivors for quite a while.

First of all, and before I get tagged as a malcontent, I have no problem with doing something for the family. If they had wanted a house rebuilt on the site, fine. I just think that it should be with the family's input, and not just slapped together without thinking about it first. Don't forget that some family members were in the house when the plane hit, and managed to escape. There will no doubt be bad memories of that incident among the survivors for quite a while.

I said in the reply to you that perhaps the family could request re-building on another site, if they win this contest. I am not insisting they build on the crash site. As a matter of fact, that should be deemed sacred land and a memorial to ALL the victims should be built there.

Guys calm down as a person that has gone thru this process, we could sign all the petitions letters etc we could find paper for the family still would have to put in an application and the show would have to reach out to them.

The show will not act unless the family applies.

Like i said in a earlier post it is a long and tedious and heart wrenching thing to go thru when you apply to the show.

Nobody on this forum or anywhere else can dictate what the family's wishes are or what the TV show does. The whole intent of this thread is to show support for the family that lost virtually everything in the plane crash last week.

If you agree with the sentiment, sign the petition. If you don't, don't.

Your points have been made. Please refrain from jabs at other members who are only trying to do something nice for someone in need. This petition may become nothing more than a small token of support to a grief stricken family. There is no need to tarnish that with inflammatory comments at other members here.

135737. Hope it works out.

Let them make the final decision...but at the least I look at it that as a compassionate person I would like them to know that they are in the thoughts of strangers and getting Home Makeover to perhaps take a peak into it would be great.

Edited by alsfirefighter

135737. Hope it works out.

Let them make the final decision...but at the least I look at it that as a compassionate person I would like them to know that they are in the thoughts of strangers and getting Home Makeover to perhaps take a peak into it would be great.

Thanks, Tom! Good post.

Hello, signers! The latest signature tally: 152,642. And, according to ABC News the night after this thread started, the petition was signed 7,000 more times! Outstanding. I hope our few signatures made a dent and I hope that, at the very least, this family knows we were ALL thinking of them and wanting to help them. Way to go--- attaboys all around!