Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCD0415

Trailer Fires

35 posts in this topic

Easy there Chief.

Hey Mark where's my Trailer the roof is true pitch no tin there. I do remember a few years ago right next door the recently refaced trailer almost burned to the ground but the fast actions of a fire extingusher used by a blue crew member and quick response of the boys from dover stopped the trash fire from turning into a full blow trailer fire.

Edited by markmets415

Hey Mark whers my Trailer the roof is true pitch no tin there. I do remember a few years ago right next door the recently refaced trailer almost burned to the ground but the fast actions of a fire extingusher used by a blue crew member and quick response of the boys from dover stoped the trash fire from turning into a full blow trailer fire.

Glad to see you here Ryan and yeah I'll go get one of your roof. That night really looked like we would have a unit going for sure, by the time I got there with the Engine you guys had it already covered.

Tradional peaked roof that we have seen in our area since the early 80'. ATV300's unit, note the propane tanks, the unit was recently converted to a propane furnace, only one that I am aware of in this particular park.

post-16297-1235250955.jpg

and the older bow string truss tin roof

post-16297-1235250997.jpg

These pics bring to light another tactic that is a high prioroty when confronted with heavy fire conditions is EXPOSURE PROTECTION!

Bring plenty of water and protect the trailers around.

Dan, excellent point, here are some examples of some exposure issues

Melted the shutters completely

post-16297-1235341249.jpg

And started to melt the siding of another unit.

post-16297-1235341255.jpg