Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grumpyff

Patterson Car Carrier vs bridge 03/05/09

51 posts in this topic

Here are some photos I got of the scene. This is what we encountered as we approached the scene from the east. At first, it did not look like a lot.

post-917-1236266726.jpg

Shot from the west side of the bridge

post-917-1236266903.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

post-917-1236267055.jpgIt was not until you were next to the car carrier that you could see both vehicles. The blue lump was a brand new Ford Focus, the gray is also brand new Ford F150

post-917-1236267022.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

Is that 311... right by the farm.... "truck get stuck.... Nope movin the bridge and ran outta gas...." I couldn't resist

The driver of the car carrier was uninjured and assisted by moving the truck when directed. It was backed up a short distance to Caroline Drive where Lisi Towing removed the damaged vehicles.

post-917-1236267228.jpg

post-917-1236267262.jpg

post-917-1236267295.jpg

post-917-1236267331.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

Lisi's big truck, Patterson 22-8-1, and 22-6-1. Thats it for now, I gotta go to work.

post-917-1236268195.jpg

post-917-1236268232.jpg

post-917-1236268285.jpg

Is that 311... right by the farm.... "truck get stuck.... Nope movin the bridge and ran outta gas...." I couldn't resist

Correct, right near the horse farm.Where 311 curves to go under the tracks

Edited by grumpyff

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much for 5***** crash ratings. :rolleyes::o

Thanks for sharing photos of a unique incident. It really did look pretty routine from the first photo, was the bridge itself damaged, it did look pushed up a bit but i see Metro North is still running so I probably answered my own question. :mellow:

A little Bondo and some Paint and they will be back on the lot in no time.............

That stretch of tracks is not in use at this time, so no commuter traffic was affected.

I am sure they will get some engineers out there to look it over though.

Side Note. We have a New Rescue being built and this was one of our concerns, getting it to be able to fit under.... Hope we got it right !

Nice Pictures Kurt......

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much for 5***** crash ratings. :rolleyes::o

Thanks for sharing photos of a unique incident. It really did look pretty routine from the first photo, was the bridge it's self damaged, it did look pushed up a bit but i see Metro North is still running so I probably answered my own question. :mellow:

HELP WANTED CAR TRANSPORTER

contact your local ford rep asap.

.Kurt great shots

Lisi's big truck, Patterson 22-8-1, and 22-6-1. Thats it for now, I gotta go to work.

Man, I've heard of a short bed pickup before, but that's ridiculous. LOL..

Hehehe Thanks for the compliments.

I know when we left the scene MTA PD and NYS DOT were awaiting a bridge inspector/engineer to check it out. Here is a photo of the point of impact on the bridge. It has been struck numerous times before, but I think the chunk missing from the lower section is new. The white piece of paper is actually the window sticker from the Focus. Just out of the photo (supported by those gray brackets) is a conduit carrying fiber optic cables along the right of way from Danbury to Beacon, which also has a nice dent it in.

post-917-1236271262.jpg

Anyone looking for a new F-150 can probably get this one %50 off! Or it will be like that carfax commercial 2009 F-150.....new bed liner.

SEE...... I told you, just because you have a "CDL", your not a better driver.

Great photos, thanks for posting them.

OOOUCH at least the were Fords.... lol

WHAT IS WRONG WITH A FORD???? I have sold and driven them for 37 years with no problem.

It clearly says before the bridge that there is a 10'9" clearance. Any reasonable person could conclude that the height of the car carrier plus the height of the vehicles being carried exceeds 10 feet, 9 inches. Obviously, he didn't have that much speed behind him due to the contours of the road, so it appears that the driver saw the sign and chose to try his luck anyway. I hope that, aside from being humiliated a bit, he also received a summons for careless driving.

If those tracks aren't being used any more, why not elimate the bridge and widen the road in that area?

the tracks are still owned by metro north and are still maintained. there was a tree crew on them last week cutting back trees. i do believe they do hope for future plans on this set of tracks.

If those tracks aren't being used any more, why not elimate the bridge and widen the road in that area?

Trust me, I am with you on that one. Unfortunately, I believe that they have a plan "sometime in the future" to reopen that section which runs East / West to the Hudson near Beacon and make some sort of connection between 2 lines. Not really positive, but thats what I have heard.

Looks like this scene would have been a great Carfax.com commercial...

Bodor must of had a field day with all the detour signs that had to be set up

A little Bondo and some Paint and they will be back on the lot in no time.............

That stretch of tracks is not in use at this time, so no commuter traffic was affected.

I am sure they will get some engineers out there to look it over though.

Side Note. We have a New Rescue being built and this was one of our concerns, getting it to be able to fit under.... Hope we got it right !Nice Pictures Kurt......

Whatcha gettin?

I LOVE the current ride.

We went with SVI on a Spartan Gladiator MFP Chassis. 6 man cab, Walk Around.

It will have he Amkus Ultimate Hydraulic Rescue Tool System with 4 preconnected tools (2 on each side), plus 2 small portable hydraulic generators. A small Hale 250 GPM pump with 300 gallons of water and a line in the front bumper. A 25 KW Hydraulic Driven Generator with 6000 w. 35 Light Tower. And lots and lots of other goodies. ETA 12/09

The old Mack / Saulsbury currently in use will be looking for a new home at the end of this year if interested.

post-342-1236289520.jpg

there must be a better way to make compact cars & trucks

Just out of the photo (supported by those gray brackets) is a conduit carrying fiber optic cables along the right of way from Danbury to Beacon, which also has a nice dent it in.

Noooooooooo

Puts a new meaning to the old FORD gag Found On Road Dead.