Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goose

Gov. Paterson Looks to Cut $60 Million in EMS Funding

11 posts in this topic

From NYDailynews.com

ALBANY- City officials on Wednesday warned of slower ambulance response times if Gov. Paterson's $60 million cut to the Emergency Medical Service goes through.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/03/04...ow_respons.html

This is going to hurt everyone, essentially crushing the throat of an already dyspneic system (EMS as a whole, state-wide). What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are:

1. Joining the club of everyone else.

2. Nothing is final until the budget is done. Similar things were being said about the state fire training budget.

3. Perhaps it will force the EMS Bureau to take a hard look at some things that they pay for. Like CFR courses. That is one thing that would go adios in my book and and I would focus on EMT B and P programs.

4. BEMS has really little influx into the "system." Most of the lethargy issues we deal with are locality based.

From NYDailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/03/04...ow_respons.html

This is going to hurt everyone, essentially crushing the throat of an already dyspneic system (EMS as a whole, state-wide). What are your thoughts?

The article only refers to the impact on the NYC 911 system. Has anyone reported on the impact to the rest of the state?

Things are only going to get worse for all of us!

i think that every one in the emergency service should get together like the heath care system is and we should go and rally in albany. we should get a bunch of fire trucks and ambulences and close down albaney for a while that would get there attention

The article only refers to the impact on the NYC 911 system. Has anyone reported on the impact to the rest of the state?

Things are only going to get worse for all of us!

It says Medicaid cuts for EMS of $60 M

That means that any agency that bills medicaid (you know the people who pay $0.12 on the dollar). Is going to get less. In some communities that means increases in local property tax increase to cover the diference or reduction in services.

Cutting everywhere you look. The healthcare system, schools being cut of aid by $300.000.00 in some places. Jobs in education being cut as a result, lay-off's, they claim, but will not re-hire those let go, but rather have the jobs eliminated.

Looking to up the retirement age so people won't won't live long enough to collect any benefits of any kind.

It gets better & better. Try waiting to collect a NYS pension or cash in on one. The volume of requests are so high, it could take 4 to 6 months to get your money.

The beat goes on..... :angry:

10 million for a walk way bridge over the hudson and cutting ems and fire budget makes sense NOT!!!!

He needs the money to give another staff member a 46% raise

I think he wants to go to a STATE WIDE VOLUNTEER SYSTEM!!

I think he wants to go to a STATE WIDE VOLUNTEER SYSTEM!!

Don't give him any ideas.