Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Out and about, a lazy Sunday

26 posts in this topic

So Bronx Fire Radio and I decided to go shoot 81 Engines new rig, and after nearly getting run over a few times in the middle of Bailey Avenue, we got our shots.

E-81-2.jpg

81Logo.jpg

So we get done there, head over to 68 Engine and then to 96 Engine looking for a few of my friends..(a fruitless search), we start making our way back home and the all hands gets dumped for University and West Kingsbridge. Off we go..

46 Truck, kind of a cruddy angle, but worthy of posting...

TL-46.jpg

46 Engine, a little out of place. Must have been either relocated or they are a little higher up on the assignment card than I thought.

E-46-2.jpg

More to come..

EMS Rescue Medics. I'm not sure who this is, 03R?? Or, is there one in the 15th Battalion??

RescueMedics.jpg

37 Truck

L-37.jpg

37Plate.jpg

37Slogan.jpg

We finish up and spy a Haz Tac bus. Actually 2 of them at Terraceview Health Care.

HAZTac.jpg

MedicLogo.jpg

HAZTac2.jpg

And that's it...Enjoy!!

Edited by JBE

Nice shots, thanks for sharing!

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Great shots, Jimmy...thanks for sharing...

Love the writing on the side of 37 truck. Thanks for those!

I'm very certain Stiloski's paid for and put the writing on the truck.

HazTac are the EMS Haz Mat/Tactical Ambulances. BLS buses have the H designator. I'm not sure if there are still HazTac Medics, but they had the Z designator at one time.

Here's me dropping into what my little brother calls my "isoceles stance" for photo taking.

Stance.jpg

The Rescue Medic bus was 03Rescue and the Haz Tac bus was 27Henry. Not far away from 27Henrys CSL... 03Rescue must have been in the area already because that is not near their area.

Seems JBE covered most of the shots that I got! A grey Sunday out cruising in the buffmobile, the initial goal was 81's new rig. Note the aftermath of an all-hands on Bailey in the background:

eng81-1.JPG

I/F/O quarters from across Bailey:

eng81-3.JPG

After hitting a couple other houses down south, we took in a small-hands up on University. 81 went to work:

eng81-2.jpg

These new pump panels are smart - they even know the time and date!

pumppanel.JPG

And finally, a derriere shot of 37 Truck:

lad37-2.JPG

post-4703-1236698168.jpg

Thanks for taking pics of our new rig, here is one with all the hoseloaded ready for work

The new Engine looks better now that it's set up and looks "used".

Beautiful folds in the hose bed by the way.

nice Pics thank you both for sharing

Just an FYI, me and BFR are heading north this weekend. Looking to hit Brewster, Carmel, Put Lake, Lake Carmel, and possibly Mahopac. I'd like to shoot 12-2-2, 17-4-1 and 17-3-1, and as much of Put Lake and Mahopac as I can.

Awesome shots..

Lake Carmel FD will be at the East Fishkill Fire Training Center (Rt 52) Sunday morning 930 until about 12 if you want to stop by.... All rigs should be there.

Edited by LCFD968

JBE, if you're going to be at Put Lake, you might as well make the trip up the hill and see if anyone is at Ball Pond in New Fairfield to pull the rigs out for you. Only maybe a minute and a half up Fairfield Drive from Put Lake.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm working out the route now..

We are planning on having 12-2-2 out pumping on Sunday. Feel free to stop by.

Thanks for the pics.

I was surprised - or maybe never noticed before - to see the 4 hardtubes on E81. What are they used for?

Down here, we have 2 on most engines and that is for drafting from the bay/rivers and underground drafting tanks in the non-hydrant areas.

thanks

JR

post-4703-1236861321.jpgThe Large Connection is the draft only hook up the left side is a gated 4 1/2 standard size hydrant hookup.

The "hard tubes" are as follows: the lowest is our standard 10 foot 4 1/2 hydrant connection used to supply pumper from hydrant, we also carry 35 foot 5" hose to supply from hydrant. The next up suctions are all used for drafting only and are 6" fittings. These new pumpers have a special drafting connection on the Officers side panel. The upper two are flexible light weight new 6" connections, the other 6" is a hard connection used at pumper then attached to the flex hose which is then lowered into draft site.

Edited by Mac8146