Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Westchester Firefighters Emerald Society/Yonkers Firefighters Pipes & Drums

8 posts in this topic

Several friends who were downtown yesterday for the parade and festivities said they took a double take when the Westchester Firefighters Emerald Society Pipes & Drums passed them. They noticed the band was comprised with members of Yonkers Firefighters Pipes & Drums Band too, marching and playing with them. They said the combined band looked very impressive and sounded great, as it lead the contingent of firefighters from the Westchester Firefighters Emerald Society up 5th Ave.

Really nice to see both bands coming together and marching as one large band representing Westchesters' Firefighters in NYC on St. Patty's Day.

Maybe you guys are on to something good!!!

:)

The Westchester Firefighters pipes extended an invitation to the YFD to march with them and we gladly took them up on it.While we have been to many other parades for the past 4 years ,this was a first for the city parade.It was a good experience from playing in Grand Central to turning onto 5th ave.We'd like to thank them for the opportunity and look forward to working with them in the future.I might have some video of Grand Central i will try to post.

Edited by gss131

It was a real pleasure having the Yonkers guys march with us. They sounded great and had alot of fun. I look forward to playing with them again in the future.

The Westchester Firefighters pipes extended an invitation to the YFD to march with them and we gladly took them up on it.While we have been to many other parades for the past 4 years ,this was a first for the city parade.It was a good experience from playing in Grand Central to turning onto 5th ave.We'd like to thank them for the opportunity and look forward to working with them in the future.I might have some video of Grand Central i will try to post.

Which departments are represented in the Westchester pipes George? Is it open to career and volunteer?

Chief,that would be better answered by a member of their band,I know at a minimum they are represented by New Rochelle,White Plains and Easchester.

Chief,that would be better answered by a member of their band,I know at a minimum they are represented by New Rochelle,White Plains and Easchester.

My wife's cousin in in the band as well, he's a paid man in Portchester. I have one of their CD's in my truck as we speak!

My wife's cousin in in the band as well, he's a paid man in Portchester. I have one of their CD's in my truck as we speak!

members include

White Plains FD

Scarsdale FD

Eastchester FD

Mt Vernon FD

Fairivew FD

Greenwich FD

Danbury FD

West Cty PD (ret)

Metro North FD

FDNY

Town Mamaroneck

NRFD

past members

Yonkers FD

Stamford FD

Larchmont FD

Edited by dc2t

Nice videos. That had to be some sight marching into and playing at Grand Central.

Nice shot of the band on the internet from the this years NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade.

post-17633-1237594529.jpg

While on youtube I found several videos of both bands:

The Yonkers Pipes & Drums with the Westchester Pipe & Drums playing at a post Yonkers parade gathering on 3/8/09.

The Westchester Pipes & Drums in Binghamton on last year on 3/1/08.

Edited by HenryA1011