Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoDucks23

City Of Pok. PD 10-13

14 posts in this topic

Anyone have any info on teh large fight in the city today with a 10-1 called in. All I heard was alot of police units from numerous agencies heading to a 10-13 large fight in progress near White street. Is the officer ok? Was there any serious injuries? I havent seen anything on the pojo news site nor on here so wasnt sure if it really was anything.

? I havent seen anything on the pojo news site nor on here so wasnt sure if it really was anything.

A press release is in the works.

Sitting at the firehouse I must have counted at LEAST 6-8 Town of Pk cruisers go by code 3.

What is going on in Poughkeepsie lately. Shootings, fights, stabbings, etc...

Something really needs to be done and the public really needs to start assisting the police instead of everyone keeping quite! From what i have been told lately, there has been more violent crimes in the city then in Newburgh and Kingston combined over the past year. The city is such a great place and has been for many years yet these punks are bringing it down and bringing it down fast. Not to mention that the understaffed police and fire are being expected to handle all of this. I really feel bad for the Mayor having been elected when all of this started and now it just seems like it is snowballing out of control. Now he needs to step up and this may be the perfect time for him to instate some expansion in the police and fire sectors to help control this and take care of the people that need it.

Violent crime is nothing new in PK...there are just more ways to hear about it now...so it is easier to find out.

When the economy gets bad, crime goes up.

Here's a link to the article in the Journal:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

Assisting at the scene of the incident were police with the towns of Poughkeepsie, Hyde Park and Fishkill, the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Department and the Metropolitan Transportion Authority police.

Fishkill PD??? Seems the PD in this area recently are being taxed as much as the FDs with large incidents. Lost of m/a recently. What is this area turning into??

Fishkill PD??? Seems the PD in this area recently are being taxed as much as the FDs with large incidents. Lost of m/a recently. What is this area turning into??

I contacted DC911 direct asking them to call ANY available Police Officer to respond...we needed alot, and fast..they had the tones out before I was EVEN DONE TALKING! Awesome work...

I honestly dont think you can compare a fire, even a large fire, with Police Officers whose LIVES are in immediate danger...The urgency is an infinate amount more than any structure...

Hows the officer ?? Hope hes ok!!!

I'm just sick of these kids now days. I live in the city, and one night on my way home from work, there had to be ALOT of teenagers hanging on the corner there had to be at least over 100, 10 minutes later I hear three shots, and I could see this all from my bedroom window, these "kids" have no respect for any one now days, not even LE, I work security at the galleria I don't get any respect but I fine with that, but it bothers me when they dont give any of the LEO's any respect they are really testing the water, I really don't mean to go off topic here but this crap really bothers me, especially when a 15 year old tells a LEO to shut *uck up and get out of my face.

Hope the officer is doing well and he recovers quickly. This is nothing new to the City, it can get pretty nutty. When i was up there i unfortunately i did a number of jobs where officers were requesting assistance. One thing about CPPD though, they always had our back - 110%. You called for assistance and they showed up in force and diffused the situation. Even in the hairiest of situations it was a comforting feeling know they had your back.

One good thing with PD in the City is you have the DCSO, City PD and MTAPD that all can respond to an emergency. MTA Police have really stepped up lately and have helped towns out when things get busy. I'm hearing them more and more on DC Police Channel 1. They're an asset that I think many police agencies have forgot about. They can respond anywhere in the county if needed, their Jurisdiction is Manhattan County, Suffolk County, Nassau, Queens, Brooklyn, Richmond, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster, Rockland and Orange counties. In Connecticut, Fairfield & New Haven Counties.

I'd bet that the Fishkill PD may have been at your work location when the call went out. Either that or they had a spare unit around. Good for them for being willing to lend a hand.

It is really unfortunate that the economy looks like it's going to continue to trend down which means crime is going to continue to trend up. Even when the economy begins to trend up and unemployment starts to go down, the jobs don't get to the inner-cities first.