Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HFD209

Hartsdale 1-26-05 Discussion

16 posts in this topic

elmsford engine 237? and towerladder 29 and 2113 were location hartsdale station 2 with hartsdale 2174

Also on scene 2121and 2122 from fairveiw

and 2171 from hartsdale

Greenville 150 and towerladder 6 took in an mva on south washington and central ave during the fire

2 lines stretched and both trucks went to work on the roof

TL29 is Scarsdale FD.

Did you mean TL21 - Elmsford's quint?

yes, tower ladder 21 was in hartsdale's 1/4's...

y don't u call ardsley for 1 enigine or a truck instead of taking 2 from elmsford

i'm sure the job would have been done right whoever they chose to call

the job would have been done right no matter what u r correct on that. but u r taking 2 things from one town and usally u only take one. that is where my question comes in. i am not home, i am at college so i am not complaining that they didn't call us and i didn't get to go i am just wondering y they would call for 2 things from 1 town i always thought they only take one from a town? :-k :-k :-k

some times other departments call 1 & 1 from Port Chester and we have enough to cover the village. maybe thats just how the run card is set up, afd65

Ultimately it comes down to what Hartsdale and Elmsford preplanned. If Elmsford feels that it's not a problem to send 1 & 1 to cover then I guess it's OK. I think the real issue is why Hartsdale hasn't re-painted their trucks red like Greenville. :D

Thats a great point GFD. Red is a much better color than the green. But it is what you think of first when someone says hfd

hey, i happen to like the Green and our new jackets will reflect it with their new saying..lol

also note Greenville asked for tower ladder 6 to cover which was what hartsdale would normall have asked for and a elmsford engine, apprently 60 control asked if we wanted 1 and 1 rather then call yonkers and that decession was mabe also by the time they relocated scarsdale could have responded form the scene as well.

does Elmsford have paid FFs or is it all Volunteer?

all volunteer... how ever many of their vollies are paid men in neighboring departments....

Its weird because our Tower Ladder 23 is on the MA list before Ardsley. I remember 2 years ago We did a stand-by at Greenville because of the same scenerio.

its all about the size of the ladder having dobbs 95 foot tower in GFD or HFD is key, if were using all hartsdale and greenville's laddr as the standard 2nd alarm no neighboing department has a 95 foot tower ladder or ladder. white plains will be in hartsdale or greenville covering if not on the scene with the 3rd alarm with tower ladder 6, so now the only choice is do we ask fairveiw for their tower with 1 guy? and now they are down 1 and 1, scarsdales tower isn't a 95 footer, that leaves elmsford or dobbs, so now you see the reason, also even if elmsfords truck is in hartsdale and doobs in greenvile, they both would be goin on any alarm on hartsdale ave, and the colony along with any other pre planed building that recives automatic aid...

Although, the above mentioned Department's are Hartsdale's neighbors to the west, a very close neighbor to the east West Harrison does possess a 95' foot Tower Ladder. A response to Hartsdale is just a hop over Battle Avenue, through W.P. This is very feasible considering Fm-16 (Harrison's Fire Marshal) was requested.