Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

"New Haven 20" On Hannity Show-Fox News Channel Tonight

21 posts in this topic

Tonight on the Hannity Show Fox News a discussion will take place about the New Haven 20.In case you are not aware of the NH20 they are 20 firefighters who were denied a promotion because they are not a minority. The case will be in supreme court on 4/22. I am sure Sean Hannity will have alot to say! Good Luck NH20---For more info on this go to New haven 20.com

I was in New Haven, Connecticut yesterday interviewing firefighters and gathering information about a reverse discrimination lawsuit. 20 firefighters (19 white and 1 Hispanic) are suing the city, saying they are not getting promotions because of their skin color.

It all started in 2003 when they took an exam hoping to score well and become eligible for lieutenant and captain positions. Turns out, the tests were thrown out because no minorities scored in the high brackets. The defense attorney says the city feared being caught in a civil-rights lawsuit.

But, those who received high scores on the exam claim they were wrongfully denied promotions because of their race. The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear the lawsuit, which could become a landmark case.

I interviewed 4 of the firefighters suing the city and their attorney. You'll also hear why this could become a long-term, political headache for the Obama administration. Watch "Hannity" at 9 PM ET TONIGHT!

9PM

Well Done! To view it Hannity coverage go to New Haven 20.com

Lou Dobbs interviewed Corp Counsel for New Haven discussing the issue. Boy did Lou whip him....

there was a news article on the New haven 20 in the NY Times over the weekend I think on Saturday

If the New Haven 20 prevail what effects will it have on your dept if any?

If the New Haven 20 prevail what effects will it have on your dept if any?

Hopefully put an end to Affirmative Action which has single handedly destroyed the Fire Service all over!

Edited by FirNaTine

I could only imagine! :ph34r:

Pat Buchanan went off on a liberal the other night on Chris mathews "Hardball". It appears that many feel that this case should rule in favor of the NH20, we will see in time what happens.

It's perhaps a good thing that the case is moving forward in the Supreme Court right now, considering that Judge SOTOMAYOR, one of the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals judges who issued an unusually terse ruling against the NH20 last year, was announced today as Obama's new Supreme Court Justice nomination.

Its a good thing that the case was heard prior to the administrations "new pick", It still might be close for the NH20 but I still feel that they will prevail and set a precedent for the future in all career fields.

Its a good thing that the case was heard prior to the administrations "new pick", It still might be close for the NH20 but I still feel that they will prevail and set a precedent for the future in all career fields.

Actually, from a strictly procedural point of view, it would benefit the NH20 to have had the case heard AFTER the new Justice starts.

Actually, from a strictly procedural point of view, it would benefit the NH20 to have had the case heard AFTER the new Justice starts.

I too wondered about that... the new nominee having previously given a judgment on the case, would they have to recuse themselves from the case if they were sitting on the SC when it came up? That would leave a clear 'conservative' SC majority...

The problem is the nominee heard the case on the circuit court level and voted against the suit, siding with the city. I'm sorry but the case should be heard before she is confirmed or not. Here vote on the SC would be tainted since she heard the case before.

I too wondered about that... the new nominee having previously given a judgment on the case, would they have to recuse themselves from the case if they were sitting on the SC when it came up? That would leave a clear 'conservative' SC majority...

The problem is the nominee heard the case on the circuit court level and voted against the suit, siding with the city. I'm sorry but the case should be heard before she is confirmed or not. Here vote on the SC would be tainted since she heard the case before.

That's the point. She wouldn't participate in the SC hearings. It actually benefits the NH20. Now ABADUCK, unfortunately, with Souter, it will be a 5-4 decision, with Souter most likely siding with the City. With Souter not voting and Sotomayor not participating (if the vote came up next term, which it will not), it would benefit the NH20 more so.

Because that shipped has sailed, so to speak, it's all a wash now either way.

Make sense?

It's perhaps a good thing that the case is moving forward in the Supreme Court right now, considering that Judge SOTOMAYOR, one of the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals judges who issued an unusually terse ruling against the NH20 last year, was announced today as Obama's new Supreme Court Justice nomination.

Good Morning America (ABC News) @ 7:15am today did a story on how Sotomayor's unsigned 1 paragraph (with no legal bases) decision in the New Haven 20 Case is now calling her nomination into question. They did an explination of the case and stated that the republicans in congress were calling her a racist based on her dealings with the case.

60% of her decisions have been overturned? Hellllllo Mr President- I am sure that many other candidates out there have a better record! It is an interesting situation that will send a strong message to the nation if she is confirmed! Her decision on the NH 20 certainly has and will be an issue. The ruling should be out on Jun 22, keep your fingers crossed!

60% of her decisions have been overturned? Hellllllo Mr President- I am sure that many other candidates out there have a better record! It is an interesting situation that will send a strong message to the nation if she is confirmed! Her decision on the NH 20 certainly has and will be an issue. The ruling should be out on Jun 22, keep your fingers crossed!

That's a little misleading. Although I disagree with her NH20 decision, statistics bear out that her decisions are upheld at a higher rate than most Circuit judges.

Interestingly enough, she has issued several decisions that were very pro-law enforcement, which I was glad to see.