Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucifer

Poughkeepsie 3rd - 4-5-09 - Additional Info

17 posts in this topic

What's up in Poughkeepsie and MOS going to the Hospital??

Hope the MOS is ok and it isn't serious..........please guys be safe out there

Ok I will admit it I am slow!!! What does MOS mean???

Thomas

Injured Police Officer

It wasn't much of a fire (sounded better on the radio) It was an EMTBRAVO party on the scene.

Injured Police Officer

It wasn't much of a fire (sounded better on the radio) It was an EMTBRAVO party on the scene.

Couldnt THAT sounded that good...I was chitting me pants! :blink:

Edited by x129K

Injured Police Officer

EMTBravo Party is not the word Jim.

O/S were (in no particular order)

JetPhoto

Photounit

xfirefighter484x

fireman2138

EFFD4091-MLSS emt

DCJPells

squ1d30

FIRECHIEF63

x134

FFD941

Anyone else I don't know by face, feel free to chime in and I will add your name to the list!!

I found it kind of interesting that City 911 got the AFA for the address about 15 minutes into the fire. :o

JetPhoto

Photounit

xfirefighter484x

fireman2138

EFFD4091-MLSS emt

DCJPells

squ1d30

FIRECHIEF63

Anyone else I don't know by face, feel free to chime in and I will add your name to the list!!

Hey Hey now just cause I was Medic 30 doesn't mean I can't be part of the party!!

Ok so anyone in the party take picturs or were you all standing around drinking water and laughing??? LOLOLOL. Hopefully whatever happened to that Police Officer, he gets better quickly and is back out thier protecting the streets.

Thomas

JetPhoto

Photounit

xfirefighter484x

fireman2138

EFFD4091-MLSS emt

DCJPells

squ1d30

FIRECHIEF63

x129k and Snkbtn rocking the mic @ City 911, x134 resposnded..

Apparently this started as a Police call first and then supposedly the perp barracked himself in the apartment and tried to set it on fire...that's why the FD was not called immediately.......2 officers apparently suffred from smoke inhalation and 1 was transported and is doing OK..........the city is sure getting crazy lately so all need to be careful and make scene safety and your safety a high priority......

To the 2 injured officers get well soon we need you guys....

To all Be Safe out there

Apparently this started as a Police call first and then supposedly the perp barracked himself in the apartment and tried to set it on fire...that's why the FD was not called immediately.......2 officers apparently suffred from smoke inhalation and 1 was transported and is doing OK..........the city is sure getting crazy lately so all need to be careful and make scene safety and your safety a high priority......

To the 2 injured officers get well soon we need you guys....

To all Be Safe out there

We do not typically send firetrucks to police calls...... :P

The second the officers called and advised there was a fire, the tones were dropped....before the call was even entered into the FD's CAD. ;)

Edited by x129K

I wanted to say to the guys at City 911 did a nice job.I listened when the 1075 was transmitted and the thought that the dispatcher did a fantastic job handling the transmissions. The voice was calm and not excited even though it sounded like the fire was starting to take off on the guys . Everything was done professionally. B)

Edited by tdc202

I wanted to say to the guys at City 911 did a nice job.I listened when the 1075 was transmitted and the thought that the dispatcher did a fantastic job handling the transmissions. The voice was calm and not excited even though it sounded like the fire was starting to take off on the guys . Everything was done professionally. B)

THNAK YOU! That was me and truth be told...I was shaking like a leaf.

Well Dan the fact of the matter is you didn't convey that in your transmission you stayed calm and in control and that's what we as responders like to hear so that we remain calm..........duck on the water even though your feet may have been going a mile a minute all anyone heard on the surface was your professional calm competent voice....

Nothing gets me more nervous or shaken as when a dispatcher is stressed and panicked sending me on a call....makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end......

Again thank you to City and County 911 Dispatchers who are frequently not recognized for a job well done. :rolleyes:

Your welcome Dan knowing the situation I am sure you were thinking about recent events with EDP's and LEO's. Great job again :)