Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Have You Been To The New Stadiums?

15 posts in this topic

Has anyone gone to the new Yankee or Shea stadium???? What's it like?

(I still refuse to call it Citi Field, especially since Citibank took federal bailout money and didn't sell their naming rights to the park)

I've been to "citi field" its beautiful, a huge step up from shea stadium, they also have the old apple in one of the entrances, and a new apple. I want to go to the new yankee stadium sometime this year and catch a game

i went to the new yankee stadium on friday. place is AWSOME. food is really good too haha

I went to the new Yankee Stadium on Saturday, it was great. Even though I was in a totally new building, they did such a great job bringing the history and tradition of the old stadium over that I felt right at home. It was very strange to look across the street though, especially since the grass is all gone so its very much apparent the place is closed.The sound system died in the 6th, and the concession workers hadn't really figured things out yet but those are my only major complaints.

Edited by BFD196

Has anyone gone to the new Yankee or Shea stadium???? What's it like?

(I still refuse to call it Citi Field, especially since Citibank took federal bailout money and didn't sell their naming rights to the park)

Right. Beacuse it's that simple.

I went Friday to the Met/Boston game. Citi Field looks great! I realy like how open it is (not so much in the rain, however). They were right when they said that you can really see so much better than Shea. But I wonder if it will be too big for them. I also didn't like how the bullpens are in plain sight. Time will tell. I do want to see Yankee Stadium too.

I have my own name which rhymes with citfield,I gotta say i wasn't that impressed.Alot of kinks have to be ironed out.5 flights of stairs to the uppers and poor concession stands for the uppers give new meaning to "you get what you pay for".I think in the future I won't even bother going upstairs and I'll just pull up a bar table overlooking from the concourse in center field.It will suck for all the people who bought 50.00 seats to share concession lines with those who spent 8.00 .Who ever thought to put left field facing the northwest should be shot,no power hitter will ever sign here due to the prevailing winds,a true pitchers ballpark.And we'll have to wait for a sold out game to see how the new sound system affects the game.The speakers are over each section and it seems you can't hear anybody else in the stadium except those in your section.I used to love when Shea was shaking with volume and I don't know if we will get that here.Bullpen situation is assinine,and right field is like Jackie Masons golf course in caddyshack 2. So far ,not impressed.I might have to start rooting for the Yankees if for anything ,1 ,the stadium, 2, the metro north stop at the front door, 3,little league right field fence.

Not been yet, but I imagine I will venture out to the New Shea Stadium at some point this season.

Edited by jayhalsey

citi asked for their money back, but the mets said no deal. As long as citibank is solvent they are stuck in this deal for the next 20 years. The Mets even spun it as its a good deal for citibank and the taxpayers.

O drive between new and old Yankee stadium every day to and from work and its reall sad watching the old stadium slowly come down. The new stadium is gorgeous and the playing field is almost identical to the old stadium. They did a phenomenal job of combining old and new. Its just brutal what they're charging for tickets.

I was at the New Yankee stadium last Thursday for the teams first workout at the new stadium. The place is amazing. I love how it is open so if you go to get something to eat or to the bathroom once you are walking back to your seat you can still see the field plus not to mention all the TV monitors so you don't miss a thing. I will be there on the 16th for opening day also so I will post some pictures after the game.

i cant wait till the 16th either ....just checked weather.com and so far looking like sunny and 58...... :D

I was at the New Yankee stadium last Thursday for the teams first workout at the new stadium. The place is amazing. I love how it is open so if you go to get something to eat or to the bathroom once you are walking back to your seat you can still see the field plus not to mention all the TV monitors so you don't miss a thing. I will be there on the 16th for opening day also so I will post some pictures after the game.

It's awesome how they have the screens everywhere, but during the exhibition game Saturday the tv's were showing what was on the center field screen for so long that you missed several pitches. I did like how you can hear the radio broadcast as you get closer to the concession counter, and in the bathroom. There were people walking around taking notes and observing things so many of the small issues should get resolved.

Edited by BFD196

.........I work in EMS, I can't AFFORD to go to a Yankee game anymore.

I can't wait! My first game at (city)Taxpayer field will be Saturday the 18th.

Lets Go Mets!

.........I work in EMS, I can't AFFORD to go to a Yankee game anymore.

Don't you read the Post?? You're a retired cop, you're loaded living high on the hog. We all know you have your pension funded luxury box.

The new stadiums are nice and all...But were gonna have to dig real deep for the ticket plus parking and a couple of beers and a hotdog. Your talking $150 game. Go Yankees!!