Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

Rescue Me Question

17 posts in this topic

The intro song, I believe there has been two. What are they??? Season 1 was different to now I believe. I just cant remember the songs. Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Edited by xfirefighter484x

C'mon C'mon by the Von Bondies I think that is the song you are thinking of.

Did anyone else notice that in the opening credits, the name on the grill of the engine this year was Pierce? I know it was E-One in season one and two, then black for the last two seasons. I wonder if it is some sort of advertising that they are selling to the manufacturers since (I think) a majority of the apparatus in the city is from Seagrave.

Also, congrats to three pipers from the Yonkers Pipes & Drums. They were the pipers at the cemetary.

Did anyone else notice that in the opening credits, the name on the grill of the engine this year was Pierce? I know it was E-One in season one and two, then black for the last two seasons. I wonder if it is some sort of advertising that they are selling to the manufacturers since (I think) a majority of the apparatus in the city is from Seagrave.

Might be due to the main rig used as Ladder 62 for the past 2 seasons has been a Pierce, and the rig from Season 1 was an E-one. Probably some advertising money going around there. Pretty much all the Seagraves you see in the show are loaners from FDNY.

Other than the choice in Ladder (Pierce) and Battalion Chiefs car (Tahoe with a streethawk rotator lightbar) the apparatus are usually pretty close to the real FDNY fleet.

It kind of angers me that they do not use a real Seagrave ladder for Ladder 62, this is a show about NYC firemen, they should use NYC fire equipment to maintain accuracy.

Maybe someone has the real answer. I know that the Pierce was a brand new rig and was either leased or given to the show.

In the very first episode, they opened with "Under Pressure." Then, from the second episode on, they used "C'mon C'mon."

Im sure its also a lot easier to film in an open cab rather then a split cab.

It kind of angers me that they do not use a real Seagrave ladder for Ladder 62, this is a show about NYC firemen, they should use NYC fire equipment to maintain accuracy.

This is a silly drama about guys in turn-out gear, NOT a show about NYC firemen. There are a lot of things that should be a little bit more accurate before they start worrying about getting the type of apparatus correct.

Besides, the vast majority of people watching don't know the difference and don't care.

That show is an embarassment. Im embarassed that it attempts to depict life in the FDNY. It is so far from the truth on so many levels that the rigs and their light bars is the least of concerns. Who cares?

Anyone know if they're showing episode one again? I screwed up my DVR. Thanks.

I look at it this way, Spin City did not really depict life in City Hall, and Rescue Me does not actually depict life in the FD. It is a CARICATURE, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone know if they're showing episode one again? I screwed up my DVR. Thanks.

You can try watching it online....

www.fx.com or www.surfthechannel.com

I watched the new episode four hours after it aired through www.surfthechannel.com but www.fx.com might have it

Hulu will have it on April 15th

i dont know why the Pierce ladder truck is still on the show it was sold to miami fire rescue cause of there trucks crashed and they needed a truck fast.