Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Croton FD Train Rescue Class

11 posts in this topic

Members of the Croton FD completed the Passenger Train Rescue class given by Metro-North Fire today. Here's a couple of pictures. More info and pictures on our website www.crotonfd.com with a direct link here.

Thanks to Assistant Chief Bob Stinson from Metro-North Fire & Safety and to those members of the CFD that made it to class this Easter weekend. Keep it up guys!

post-23-1239505834.jpg

post-23-1239506303.jpg

post-23-1239506777.jpg

Edited by TR54
Resized photos by request.

Chief great shots, thanks for sharing, I especially like the ladder being used, great tool and thanks for the idea. Was Chief Spanky in attendance?

Yes, I completed this course last year down here in New Canaan. We did it at the Stamford rail yard, it was one of the best drills of the year. They even let us take a look at the 10,000 gallon rail tanker. That is available for response, if requested.

I take metro-north everyday and I can say that it is a safe ride!

Another reason why Croton FD is one of the most productive pro-active Dept's around.

This was an excellent class when I took it years ago with Spanky. Also well worth while for Croton FD (as a whole) to have it due to the obvious.

I see you were playing on an M7. Did you get any time on a Shoreliner / Genesis as they're very different than the M7? I do see a pic of a cab car on the website but it didn't look like there was any activity on it.

Also looking at the pics on the website, what are the controls of in the last pic? They look like they should be of an M7 but something doesn't look right with them.

Those controls were from the cab of the Genesis. WE were given training on the M7, Genesis, Bombardier cars, and the older coach. Great job by the MTA Safety Dept./FD, and many thanks to our brothers Asst. Chief Stinson and also Chief Streany for their input on the course.

Also looking at the pics on the website, what are the controls of in the last pic? They look like they should be of an M7 but something doesn't look right with them.

Those are the controls of a Genesis Loco

I would absolutely LOVE to do something like that!

Those are the controls of a Genesis Loco

Ah yes, the Genny, thanks.