Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patch6713

Grahamsville new 67-12

11 posts in this topic

So, I pulled into the firehouse today and saw this sitting in the back parking lot. It surprised me a little but because the identifier on it is the same as our rescue truck.

Anyway, I don't have mush information on it. It is either a 2008 or 2009 International 7400 KME. Obviously it is a front mount pump, pumper/tanker.

post-16723-1240056703.jpg

post-16723-1240057649.jpg

post-16723-1240057589.jpg

post-16723-1240057706.jpg

post-16723-1240057759.jpg

post-16723-1240057810.jpg

post-16723-1240057858.jpg

wow. cant say i have seen anything like that before. that pump panel is placed perfectly to block flow to the radiator

Thanks for sharing the shots of the new rig, may it serve Grahamsville for many years.

wow. cant say i have seen anything like that before. that pump panel is placed perfectly to block flow to the radiator

That is exactly what I though when I saw it. We have a few trucks with the same chassis and I know that when using the transmission retarder, they get very hot. The pictures in the link below shows a front mount pump that doesn't block the front of the radiator at all and it is built on the same chassis. I wonder if it is going to cause any problems.

Sag Harbor Engine

That is exactly what I though when I saw it. We have a few trucks with the same chassis and I know that when using the transmission retarder, they get very hot. The pictures in the link below shows a front mount pump that doesn't block the front of the radiator at all and it is built on the same chassis. I wonder if it is going to cause any problems.

Sag Harbor Engine

Hey now that will be a $5.00 royality fee for using my pictures of the Sag Harbour rig. ;)

Great shots! That front pump panel is definetly unique!

Boy, if they crash that, that could be awfully expensive!

And if they're working a car fire or MVA, and get rear-ended by a large car/suv/truck, the MPO is not gonna have a chance as compared to a side or top-mount pump panel.

nice rig thanks for sharing the pics

Personally I'm not a fan of the front mounted pump panels. Kinda awkward looking.

I think its unique looking but I'm not a fan of it, to me it has a few disadvantages, like headlight shining in the pump operators face, and if you have heavy snow or rain you will have to keep wiping off the guages so you can see them. Plus like Ex-2114 said god forbid sombody does rearend them the MPO dosen't stand a chance.