Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Passing of J.H. Ketcham Hose Company Life Member Bridget Sartori

8 posts in this topic

It is with a heavy heart and deep sorrow to announce the passing of J.H. Ketcham Past President and Life Member Bridget Sartori this morning. Bridget is the wife of Dutchess County Car-16 Robert Sartori and mom to sons Robert and JHK Firefighter Ryan Sartori (emtbravo member ATV300).

I can truly say it was an honor and a privledge to have Bridget and the Sartori family as neighbors. It was a great comfort knowing Bridget was right around the corner if needed. From the many skinned knees from the park kids to the senior citizens that may have needed a caring hand or just someone to talk to; Bridget was ALWAYS there for ALL of US.

The Sartori family, the brothers and sisters of J.H. Ketcham and the residents of Powell Park have lost a great person and friend, Bridget you will be missed by all of those you have touched, may you rest in peace.

Wake services will be held at the Hufcut Funeral Home, 3159 Route 22 in Dover Plains on Wednesday April 22, 2009 from 2pm to 4pm and from 7pm to 9pm with firematic services at 7pm.

RIP Mrs. Sartori, your contribution to the community will not be forgotten. My condolences to the Sartori family, and all effected by this loss.

Well said Mark!

Please keep the Sartori's, their family, and JHK in your thoughts.

Bridget Ann Sartori

DOVER PLAINS - Bridget Ann Sartori, 51, a 33-year resident of Dover Plains, NY, died Monday, April 20, 2009 at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel, NY. Since 2005, Mrs. Sartori worked as a home care nurse and billing coordinator at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel, NY. Born July 17, 1957 in Plattsburgh, NY, she was the daughter of the late Francis McCarthy and the late Phyllis Harvey McCarthy Haegler. She was a 1990 graduate of Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh, NY where she received a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Mrs. Sartori worked as a staff nurse in the Cardiac Care Unit at White Plains Hospital and a nurse in the Home Care Division at Putnam Hospital Center. She also worked as a supervisor of clinical services with Homecare, Inc. in Brookfield, CT and an intravenous therapy nurse with Anytime Home Care, Inc. in Poughkeepsie, NY. Later she worked as a nurse and substitute teacher with the Dover Union Free School District in Dover Plains. On May 20, 1978 in Dover Plains, NY, she married Robert S. Sartori who survives at home. Mrs. Sartori was a member of St. Charles Borromeo Church in Dover Plains. A life member of the J. H. Ketcham Hose Company, she served as president from 1998 and from 2000-2001. She also served terms as first vice president, secretary, Fire prevention officer, Fire Police, and was a member of the board of directors. She was a Life member of the Dover Rescue Squad and J. H. Ketcham Auxiliary. From 2000 to 2002, she served as first vice president of the Dutchess County Association of Fire Districts and was a board member of the Dutchess County Fire Advisory Board. In addition to her husband, she is survived by two sons, Robert F. Sartori and Ryan R. Sartori, both of Dover Plains, NY; her stepfather, Ernest Haegler of Dover Plains, NY, and a brother, Dennis McCarthy of Hartsdale, NY. Calling hours will be held on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hufcut Funeral Home, 3159 Route 22, Dover Plains, NY. The J. H. Ketcham Hose Company will conduct services on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. Funeral services will take place on Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 10 a.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be private and at the convenience of the family. Memorial contributions may be made to the J. H. Ketcham Hose Co., c/o Building Fund, P.O. Box 706, Dover Plains, NY 12522. For directions or to send the family an online condolence, please visit www.hufcutfuneralhome.com.

My condoleances to the Sartori family at this difficult time.

Edited by tdc202

Well said Mark!

Please keep the Sartori's, their family, and JHK in your thoughts.

Thanks To everyone out there I know i have a big family that is supporting me right now.

My condolences go out to all affected by this tragic loss. May she Rest In Peace.

Edited by effd kman