Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Southland- New Cop Drama On NBC

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone been watching "Southland" on NBC?

"Southland" is a new show on NBC that airs on Thursday nights.

I think it's one of the best new shows I've seen in a while. It's a drama about the Los Angeles Police Department, the cops, and the victims. I think the show is very well done, kind of similar to "Third Watch"....in fact, the show is produced by the creator/producer of "Third Watch".

What I like most about the show is that it doesn't follow detectives or any elite units, it mainly focuses on the cops on the street, and what they face every day. I think the show is brilliant, and it's not afraid to be gritty and realistic. The show is compelling, and has a "you are there" feel. I hope NBC keeps it on it's lineup.

Check it out. Do NOT miss this show!

Well, the show does follow Detectives, but it balances with the Patrol guys. I find myself addicted already, and when I found out it was the same creators/producers of Third Watch I was that much more excited. Both episodes are available for free on Hulu.com, great website for all your TV show needs.

Edited by SageVigiles

I liked it even though its obviously dramatized. Hopefully shows like this can help the image of police officers in some parts. Also speaking of third watch for those interested the second season of it is finally coming to DVD in July.

Seth, excellent show, I think I missed a week already, I watched the first episode, this will be week three right?

Yes, this will be week 3. As I said before, Hulu.com has it on there for free, legally. You just have to sit through a couple ads.

I saw Episode 1, and was highly impressed. Yes, a little "Hollywood-ed up" but all in all, not too terrible.