Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Rosenbauer T-Rex Articulating Platform

9 posts in this topic

nice rig looks like the competition to the E-one bronto

I am impressed with the T-rex articulating Platform by Rosenbauer E-one certainly has some serious competition

It's expensive, I heard the first one delivered (the one pictured) was around $1 million.

However, I think this type of ladder gives you tremendous advantages and manuverability over a conventional tower ladder, especially in tight commerical districts with power lines, etc.

There are some notable places that use modern articulating platforms regularly, but they are not without limitations and issues. Typically they require a much larger footprint, than most platform apparatus. They also are much slower to set up and most often require a turntable operator (a good idea all the time, but not always required when staffing is short with other units). The up and over of power lines is a scary thought when there's heavy smoke obscuring vision. But on the plus side up and over or out and down are certainly advantageous at times. Like anything else, these apparatus compliment other well design aerials in a FD or area, but rarely are they best as a single truck in a FD. I think Manchester, NH runs 2 or 3 right now, probably the most per station of any FD in the US.

Wow, if I didn't know any better i would dare say that was a Bronto on a Rosenbaur platform! It is damn near identical minus the base control with convenient seat.

There are some notable places that use modern articulating platforms regularly, but they are not without limitations and issues. Typically they require a much larger footprint, than most platform apparatus. They also are much slower to set up and most often require a turntable operator (a good idea all the time, but not always required when staffing is short with other units). The up and over of power lines is a scary thought when there's heavy smoke obscuring vision. But on the plus side up and over or out and down are certainly advantageous at times. Like anything else, these apparatus compliment other well design aerials in a FD or area, but rarely are they best as a single truck in a FD. I think Manchester, NH runs 2 or 3 right now, probably the most per station of any FD in the US.

E-One has delivered Brontos one to St.John, New Brunswick, St. John's Newfoundland and has one on order for Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Atlantic Canada & Ontario Dealer is Carrier Center in Ontario http://www.carriercenters.ca/

Edited by Reliance