Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

UnionVale Barn Fire 4/29/09

22 posts in this topic

Was listening are heard something. UnionVale Squad 7 Was dispatched to the scene anyone know what that is??? Thanks and they have one hell of a fire up thier. Be Safe Boys and Girls.

Thomas

I heard it also and was wondering what it was.

its there explorer post/ support team

its there explorer post/ support team

Squad 7 is the ladies auxillary.

Mike the tones just went out for all available manpower and you're on here. ;)

Did anyone get any Pictures???

Uhhhhhhhh......... Yes.......

Mike the tones just went out for all available manpower and you're on here. ;)

Yeah I heard it. I was up there from the start and I gotta go to work so I had to leave early.

What, you didn't go buff this one Bill??

No, I did go....... I'll probably delete the photo's I took...... What's up with posting fire photo's on FaceBook? IMO - That is nothing short of bizarre......

No, I did go....... I'll probably delete the photo's I took...... What's up with posting fire photo's on FaceBook? IMO - That is nothing short of bizarre......

I was quoting FIRECHIEF63, referring to that "Bill", the one that always yells and calls ME a buff at scenes, hahaha!! (Pot calling the kettle black.....)

I have seen quite a few incidents posted by first responders and buffs alike on FB, nice to get a first o/s view sometimes (although the ones I saw were far from first arriving), but not complaining!

ChiefUVFD was this the barn on the sharp corner very close to the road?

Did anyone get any Pictures???

Billy, you mean you were not there? LOL

No, I did go....... I'll probably delete the photo's I took......

Why is that Bill?

This was the barn complex....4 large inter-connected barns, that set on top the hill on Bruzgal Rd. Heavy fire thru the roof in center barn upon arrival. Fire never progressed out of center of main barn. Thank you to all mutual aid companies for their assistance, was a job well done by all involved.

thanks Dave, I thought so and confirmed it when I saw the pictures on your website.

What, you didn't go buff this one Bill??

Bad day, had the kids at denist for check-up... By time I got to meet with other half and turn over the kids, they reported the fire knocked down, under control, so figured nothing worth riding through rush hour traffic to go too... Darn it...

Figures and I got my new camera and waiting to try it out too..

Edited by FIRECHIEF63

I'd like to thank all the mutual aid companies that assisted us with this difficult fire. Lagrange, Beekman, East Fishkill, Pleasant Valley, Dover and Millbrook. Also thank you to CC16 and the 911 Dispatch Center, FID Team, DCSO, NYSP. Great job by everyone involved. :)

There was even five white helmets playing on the C/D side. Whatever it takes! :lol:

Everybody's welcome to play when I have a party!!! Again, Thanks for your help Chief!