Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M' Ave

FDNY: Major Cuts Avoided

10 posts in this topic

Funds in the 2010 NYC budget have been secured to restore nighttime staffing E4, E161, E271 and L53 and to avoid the closing of the 12 other companies threatened by the original budget proposal.

It appears that Gov's Island will remain without fire protection, however there are no further operational cuts. Co. staffing levels remain unchanged.

http://www.silive.com/eastshore/index.ssf/...en_islands.html

Until next July when Bloomberg has been in office for another 7 months cause he thwarted the term limits.

Can you say Re-election? It wouldnt be good for him if that plan went through.

Now hopefully they will run a Jan 2010 NYPD class.

Just goes to show that if they could come up with a plan to avoid these type of "doomsday-type" cuts, maybe it wasn't "doomsday" after all. Yet another case of how Bloomberg consistently talks about how bleak things are, then after some "tense, 11th-hour negotiations with all parties involved," he saves the day and avoids the originally forecast bleak outlook. I guess that's his way of doing business so that it can give the appearance that he's actually doing something worthwhile instead of screwing everyone just to make yet another buck.

Personally, I think we should take him and throw him out. Then, take all the City Council members who cow-towed to his majesty Napoleon Bloomberg, and throw them out, too. Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians. And while we're at it, get rid of Albany, too.

Now hopefully they will run a Jan 2010 NYPD class.

Doubtful.

Until next July when Bloomberg has been in office for another 7 months cause he thwarted the term limits.

We're past the financial "bottom" (hopefully) so I don't think you'll see closures later if you don't see them now. You can't close firehouse when things are getting better, that looks even worse.

This is just good news, we don't need to loose any companies or positions on the rig.

Now if they can only stop the UCT's.

When BS response numbers and overall response times go through the roof (not counting PD phone time), and heaven forbid 10-45s go up, maybe.

Last job tonight was a nice little "gas leak" on 163rd courtesy of the UCT's. Fire is getting good; identified, located and mitigated in under 5 minutes!! Way to go UCT's!

No worries, EMS will keep those saved companies and everyone else busy as they're still cutting 30 EMS tours on top of not running our usually summer "enhancement" units. That means longer waits for a bus, more carry downs, more time staring at that drunk on the corner or COPDer with a chest cold for the engine co's, and more forcible entry calls for the trucks to find all those patients who left because they got tired of waiting. I know I can't wait.