Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

New England Association of Fire Chiefs Convention/Photos added 6/27/09

44 posts in this topic

Hey Mark question for you...... New Haven's TDA, was that Truck 2 (the new Seagrave they got this past year) or was that another (possibly new) TDA?? I was surprised to see it up there in your pics.

It was New Haven's and it was a Seagrave, not sure of the year though or the Truck #

While leaving the show on Saturday I came across this in the parking lot and knew that I had to post this for all the RotoRay fanatics out there. It looks like this is a LED version of it.

post-27-1246592296.jpg

I will be posting more pictures from the show this weekend.

FYI - this is my first picture post, and I will be posting more in the future now that I know how to. :)

What whacker or department had that?????

What whacker or department had that?????

Brewster

Mass?

Looks like it, can see the "Massachusett" partially on the front plate. Never though I see a chief's truck with a Roto on it.

Looks like it, can see the "Massachusett" partially on the front plate. Never though I see a chief's truck with a Roto on it.

I didnt think it was Brewster, NY but I did not know. Now that someone has pointed it out and I see it, I can now see that it is in fact from Mass.

Here are some shots of Cheshire, CT E6 Pierce.

post-27-1247453763.jpg

The above picture shows the hosebed cover designed with chevrons on it.

post-27-1247454170.jpg

post-27-1247454432.jpg

Interesting placement of the new required chevrons, even though the ones on the back of the cab are not NFPA required.

I still have some pictures of Old Saybrooks Rescue I will post as soon as time allows.

Steve I actually like the chevrons there, I think it is great placement, thanks for adding the pics and the Old Sayerbrooks rig was awesome, well thought out and laid out.

Here are the pictures of Old Saybrook, CT's new Pierce Rescue. This rig has a load of stuff on it and it looks to be laid out very well.

Pictures are clockwise from Drivers side around to Officers side.

post-27-1247620487.jpg

Note two hydraulic tools in front bumper

post-27-1247620723.jpg

post-27-1247620752.jpg

post-27-1247620764.jpg

post-27-1247620775.jpg

post-27-1247620789.jpg

Hand tools on slide-out rack.

post-27-1247620808.jpg

Staircase slides up, note the track on the side up top of the stairs where it slides into. Also there is a winch in the rear compartment under the air bottle AND oxygen bottle rack, and a Little Giant ladder along right side of rear the compartment.

post-27-1247620825.jpg

Looking toward the front.

post-27-1247620838.jpg

The tube to the left in the rear compartment looks to be a dispenser for speedy dry stored up top.

post-27-1247620854.jpg

post-27-1247620865.jpg

post-27-1247620878.jpg

I like the way the broom heads are stored right next to the handles. :)

post-27-1247623150.jpg

This last picture is from Wallingford's Engine 2, note the cutout for the grab portion of the rollup door handle. This is neat, you don't need to manuever under the lip to grab the bar because the lip is cut out. Simple idea, why didn't I think of that??

Wow...that is one extremely well laid out rescue. Any idea what the final cost was?

Great looking and VERY well planned and thought vehicle!!!! Good luck with it!!!