Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x134

Dutchess County Fire Exam

50 posts in this topic

Just wondering who is taking the County Fire Test this weekend 6-27-09?

I'll be there!

No interview on the 7th?

Come on just 2 people.... I know that there has to be more than that!

ill be there for my first fire test.. quick question, i forgot to hand in my white plains app. and that test is the same day.. what would i of had to do if i was scheduled for both?

ill be there for my first fire test.. quick question, i forgot to hand in my white plains app. and that test is the same day.. what would i of had to do if i was scheduled for both?

It's called Crossfiling and it's common. You just notify all jurisdictions where your actually sitting for the test. Any jurisdiction you pay your fee too will receive your scores.

NYS Dept of Civil Sevice FAQ's

What do I do in order to participate in examinations which are being held on the same date for two different civil service agencies?

You are referring to something known as cross-filing. In order to cross-file, you would need to contact both civil service agencies to which you applied and let each agency know where you intend on taking both examinations and, additionally, which examinations you have signed up for. The civil service agencies will make the arrangements with our office to ensure that all your exam material will be at the selected site. However, if one of the examinations you signed up for is a State examination, then you will have no option to take the exam at the local civil service agency test site. You must cross-file at the State site in this instance.

As usual, i dropped the ball on this one and forgot to sign up. Good luck to all taking the Dutchess test tomorrow!

I also wanted to take the Middletown exam, but again dropped the ball. Didn't realize they were on the same day? Good luck to those taking that exam as well. Middletown FD was just awarded a new contract, always a pretty good sign.

A little fatherly advice to guys trying to get on the job. First, I made sure I NEVER dropped the ball when turning in my application. Then I studied my butt off using some of those Firefighter Entrance Exam Books. I also made sure I was in Great Shape. My hobby was buffing the FDNY, but I made sure I took care of those things first. Even the many ladies chasing me, had to be put on hold.

And it wasn"t like I had spread the word that I was studying, or taking a certain test. I didn"t need the competetion. It was hard enough to get on the job, without that. And that was back in the 70s. I"m sure its tougher now. And I didn"t get on after the first test I took. It took me six tests before I got on the job. I would get discouraged, but I never gave up. I retired from a dept in Connecticut after 29 years with a great pension and great benefits. And I loved the job. Was it all worth it, absolutely "YES".

;):lol:
What are you trying to figure out how much seniority you're gonna have ? lol

I took the Middletown & Dutchess exam in Middletown, I must say it was packed in there.

I Dont know if i was in the Wrong Lot or what, but it seemed like there was no one in Dutchess

alot of peopl efrom what I saw today at DCC. I heard arond "330".

alot of peopl efrom what I saw today at DCC. I heard arond "330".

This is from one of the technicians at DC Personnel.

" Saturday, June 27, 2009 is the written examination for the Firefighter and Firefighter-Paramedic titles. We expect approx. 330 candidates to participate this year. Approx. 25 candidates are scheduled to participate in the Firefighter-Paramedic written examination"

Also the FPAT is going to be scheduled in October. Possibly October 3-4 and Oct. 24-25

Anyone take the test Firefighter/Paramedic test? Did they include specific ALS questions? Just curious?

Anyone take the test Firefighter/Paramedic test? Did they include specific ALS questions? Just curious?

The Firefighter and the Firefighter/Paramedic test were both the same.

I was somewhat disappointed with the test. A lot of "opinionated" questions.

yea there is always a few of those on civil tests, i cant stand it.

I was somewhat disappointed with the test. A lot of "opinionated" questions.

So ..... in your ''OPINION'' how did you do!

They say they take 6 to 8 weeks..... This does not mean cival service does not have the marks.... Do not call them they will not tell you, they get mad!!

Middletown exam results are out, got mine this weekend. Hopefully Dutchess isn't too far behind.

Middletown exam results are out, got mine this weekend. Hopefully Dutchess isn't too far behind.

They always are (far behind that is)

Results have been/are being mailed out!! I know some people have received them in the mail already!

yeah i got my yesterday