Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

Judge rules Mount Vernon did not discriminate against white firefighter: Fight Not Over

40 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Judge rules against our motion for a summary judgement-looks like we might be off to the Appeals Court!!!

Keep your head held high!

Keep your head held high!

Good luck, Jody. My gut feeling in this whole thing is that the higher you have to go in the Courts, the more permanent it becomes for all FF's.

Hopefully, you are the guy that brings back the high standards of the Fire Service.

For those of you that have been following my case I have to thank you all for the support.In the Journal News Article today some key points in this case were not mentioned just like they weren't even a consideration with the case.

1) The complaint filed by the Attorney for the Vulcan Society was withdrawn 3 days after he submitted them to the Mount Vernon Law Dept. After the Atty for the Vulcans reviewed the decree himself he realized that there was nothing in the decree that stated that the Lieutenants list will be a 2 yr list and also that the Vulcans need to give premission to extend the list. He withdrew the complaint to the law dept. Now ironically the Law Dept who was run by the city atty who at that point was the 1st Vice President of the Black Bar Association of Westchester Co. In the civil service meeting the day that the Vulcan Atty notified the City Atty that there was no merit to the complaint of the Vulcans and he is withdrawing the complaint the City Atty ordered the list to be killed with both the #1 and #2 candidates getting screwed. The city Atty at the civil mtg said there was no investigation conducted! Anyone see a problem here?

2) In the reply to the EEOC the City Atty stated that she was in no "RUSH" to promote two caucasions in fear of litagation from the Westchester Vulcan Society,sound familiar? Like a quote from the US SUPREME COURT staing that in the New Haven case "you can't hold back a list of white guys in fear of litagation alone"! So- here we stand preparing for the Appeals Court 2nd Circuit in NYC. THE FIGHT IS NOT OVER JUST STARTING OVER! LOL

efdcapt115 likes this

Judge rules Mount Vernon did not discriminate against white firefighter

By Timothy O'Connor • tpoconnor@lohud.com • May 4, 2010

A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by a white Mount Vernon firefighter who said he was passed over for promotion because of his race.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100504/NEWS02/5040338/Judge-rules-Mount-Vernon-did-not-discriminate-against-white-firefighter

Keep your head up brother ! Don't back down and take it all the way to the top if need be !

Jody, I can only hope that your attorneys have kept up your cause/case as a matter of justice. I can't imagine the kind of pressure, financial or otherwise, this whole situation must be putting you through.

You certainly don't deserve that. Those of us lucky to know you personally, know what an asset you are to the FDMV, and the fire service. It's a shame your city managers don't know how to tell a good leader from a bad one. They "promote" a guy to chief after he takes an evelyn wood course, and subjugate a competent firefighter thanks to their incompetence, and the underhanded tactics of an organization that put the screws to you.

Like the previous poster said; keep your head up. We're with you. You're fighting the good fight. I think in the end you will prevail.

The politics in MV are probably worse than most places in Westchester. S*cks that you are caught up in it. You've done more than your duty for that department, and we all know it.

Continued support from this member, and God bless.

It must have sucked to hear the judge come out with that BS.

Time for another appeal if you are up to it

Don't worrie Jody!!! Me amd my family supports u!!! Keep fighting victory will soon be yours

Kenneth McAllister-The Vulcans was not a party to the lawsuit? " Our Name was used,but it wasn't really our fight". His fight was with the City? I guess the Forged letter from the Vulcan Society President Curtis Bracy must have just appeared in city hall, and those 15 members of the vulcan Society that showed up in city hall that day were all just something i was dreaming about. The attorney for the Vulcans letter that was submitted and then re-tracted after he re-read the decree stating that the complaints filed by the Vulcans had no merit had nothing to do with the Vulcans? I don't know Mac- looks like you guys had alot to do with it all lol THE WORLD IS ROUND BROTHER! More to follow Soon!biggrin.gif

efdcapt115 likes this

Appeal has been filed!!!