Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emp305

Empress EMS New Supervisor's Truck

10 posts in this topic

post-4451-1249069129.jpgpost-4451-1249069160.jpg

I noticed in the Empress drill thread that Empress has takend delivery of at least two Ford E-350/Wheeled Coach Type III's.

I assume these are to replace the aging 50 series? Does anyone know how many were delivered, or better yet, have photos?

Also, someone had mentioned a new supervisor's vehicle?

New Supervisor truck

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing the photo, Mike!

It's been a LONG time since the Supervisor has had a brand new truck, and this is probaly the sharpest of them yet!

Who did the outfitting???

A long time? Didn't they get the rescue body truck for the supervisors a few years ago?

A long time? Didn't they get the rescue body truck for the supervisors a few years ago?

That was back in 2003. That truck has been repurposed as a Special Operations support unit from what I understand. The Superivsor's primarily have been running this:

post-11-1249071388.jpg

...which has been around for a long, long time.

Is that the old Harrison Truck?

The modular truck, 301, is still "in service" as a supervisor flycar. Unfortunately it's got that bad Ford engine from 2005-2006 and is out of service for mechanical more often than it's in service. Usually when it comes back from the dealer it runs well for 1-4 weeks and then goes out again with power loss.

This new flycar, designated as truck 4, was purchased used from Pearl River VFD. It's in immaculate condition and runs great. The paint job didn't come out just right, so it'll probably be getting some touch-up work and it still needs to have some cabinetry/electronics changed over to fit the specific needs of Empress. But I know for sure that all the supervisors are happy to see a new set of wheels in the lot, it was overdue.

I still loved the old skool Ram Chargers!

Never forget the first time I drove one - made the turn up the hill from Nep onto Ashburton and the rear hatch opooed open on me...littered gear all up Ashburton!

Tommy loved that Ram Charger before he got his Tahoe. I have a pic somehwere of it.......

I thought this Expedition was brand new....thanks for the info....weird how the Supervisors always seems to get the hand me downs, usually from Yorktown. With Yorktown due for a new car later this year, I'm sure the current Yorktown flycar will become a backup Yonkers supervisor car/backup Yorktown car.

Also, how's the Pelham Tahoe doing? Is that due for replacement soon?

I still think that truck is still fairly new..... It doesn't see as much work as Yorktown's

I still think that truck is still fairly new..... It doesn't see as much work as Yorktown's

Well, keep in mind how big the Yorktown Medics district is compared to Pelham/Pelham Manor. I'm I'm 99% sure they have a much higher call volume too!

Nice new vehicle though! Good luck with it!

The modular truck, 301, is still "in service" as a supervisor flycar. Unfortunately it's got that bad Ford engine from 2005-2006 and is out of service for mechanical more often than it's in service. Usually when it comes back from the dealer it runs well for 1-4 weeks and then goes out again with power loss.

This new flycar, designated as truck 4, was purchased used from Pearl River VFD. It's in immaculate condition and runs great. The paint job didn't come out just right, so it'll probably be getting some touch-up work and it still needs to have some cabinetry/electronics changed over to fit the specific needs of Empress. But I know for sure that all the supervisors are happy to see a new set of wheels in the lot, it was overdue.

It's always nice to have something different to drive; change is good. We always take the time to put our spin on whatever specialized vehicles we use and I think we have a really good mix of vehicle types. Whether it's the big 4700 International Truck with MCC, an F-250 with utility body, Explorer, Expedition, Tahoe, or even a work in progress like the soon to be converted Ford ambulette, they all serve a purpose and enable us to effectivley use our resources. Oh, I forgot, stop picking on truck 301 lol