Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
conman

Looking for info on Mini-pumper/Mini-rescue options

12 posts in this topic

my department is looking to replace this unit. we're thinking a crew cab. we run two ambulances and when those are on runs we take this truck. its also our main brush truck. we have a second set of jaws on our rescue that we are looking to add to this rig. any ideas or suggestions or pics would help us out.

post-16937-1250170053.jpg

You're asking a very small vehicle to perform many jobs.

Think of the mission of the rig. Then size and design it accordingly. $$ should be a consideration.....but not the ultimate one !

Personally I like the BRAT... Check out their website for pics

http://firematic.com/brat.htm

Agreed, our BRAT will be completed in about a month, we cant wait, I can send anyone interested our specs. Briefly it is a F-450 chassis, Hale HPX200 pump, 300 gallons of water, 10 gallon foam cell, super single wheel conversion with 20" wheels and 36" IROK tires, two 150W HID scene lights, 2 reels, one as a dead lay for our forestry hose and the other for 1" booster line, it also has two additional hose beds for storage of 400' of 1 3/4" and forestry hose as well as 4 48" wide x 30" high compts with rollup doors.

we are looking for new

Agreed, our BRAT will be completed in about a month, we cant wait, I can send anyone interested our specs. Briefly it is a F-450 chassis, Hale HPX200 pump, 300 gallons of water, 10 gallon foam cell, super single wheel conversion with 20" wheels and 36" IROK tires, two 150W HID scene lights, 2 reels, one as a dead lay for our forestry hose and the other for 1" booster line, it also has two additional hose beds for storage of 400' of 1 3/4" and forestry hose as well as 4 48" wide x 30" high compts with rollup doors.

I would be interested in looking at your specs.

I would be interested in looking at your specs.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy of them.

Just as a little more help. We currently use this rig as our main brush truck. It has no turbo in the motor so towing our six-wheeler so its slow and sucks at climbing hills. We also have it equipped with ice water rescue equipment. If its needed we take it as an additional rig for medicals. We are looking to expand to a crew cab and if we have the space add a spot for the second set of jaws. It would be an added luxury but its not a must.

conman,

Woodstock also has a nice little brush/rescue type vehicle (67-42) at Zena station that the committee might want to look at, as well as Ruby who has a nice one on the Ford chassis as well. At least they're close.

Too bad that the Chevy medium duty chassis is toast- that would be a nice chassis to build on.