Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ossining Emergency Services Boat Back In The Hudson!

15 posts in this topic

Ossining emergencey services police fire rescue marine 1 is back in the hudson. I found this out yesterday and went to check it out and it looks like a brand new boat. Its the old fire boat which they fixed the damages and repainted it with the new letterings on the boat. If i recall correct the boat isnt entirely finisehed but soon will. Since the boat isnt complete i dont think its in service yet but its a good sign to see it floatin in the hudson docked at the marina. Im going either today tomorrow or sunday to snap a few photos and will make sure to post them here also. The crew for the boat from the fire and police will continue training asap out in the waters.

What are the flow capacities of this boat?

What are the flow capacities of this boat?

I am unsure about the specs on it. I can find out unless someone on here knows.

Are you sure it is the same boat?

As I heard that as part of the NYS budget cuts the NYS Naval Milital could no longer afford to maintain the boat and that Ossining was more than Happy to do so.

Are you sure it is the same boat?

As I heard that as part of the NYS budget cuts the NYS Naval Milital could no longer afford to maintain the boat and that Ossining was more than Happy to do so.

Yes its deffinently the same boat that used to be rescue 14's boat. Aka boat 14. Now the police fire and ems joined together to make 1 marine unit. The departments tried to get a new boat from the village and they didnt wanna do that. Instead they fixed the old one.

It appears going by the decal and markings that the PD took over as the lead agency operating the craft.

Is anyone clear how it is going to be run? Is OVAC going to be a part of the response(to go out on the boat)? Just fire/police? Just police?

Glad to hear it is in the water though...we've had enough incidents in the Hudson this year to justify its use. . . . . .

Looks like the pump is gone - is it?

I like the lettering, looks like an Ossining PD car.

Hmmm... Let's see, Yonkers calls themselves Marine 1. Now Ossining calls themselves Marine 1. Perhaps the thread on resource numbering is applicable here too. According to the DES listing Verplanck is Marine 1.

What is the response area for this boat?

Hmmm... Let's see, Yonkers calls themselves Marine 1. Now Ossining calls themselves Marine 1. Perhaps the thread on resource numbering is applicable here too. According to the DES listing Verplanck is Marine 1.

Chris,

I have noticed Yonkers Marine 1 in a marina in New Rochelle all summer. Is this because of budget cuts that it is not in the water??

Don't forget about Irvington Fire Marine 4 and Westchester County PD Marine 4.

Chris,

I have noticed Yonkers Marine 1 in a marina in New Rochelle all summer. Is this because of budget cuts that it is not in the water??

I don't know what boat that was but the YPD boat has been operating in the Hudson all summer. Is the Yonkers fire boat over there? I haven't seen them this summer.

As the looks i just noticed the front deck gun is taken off the boat now. I never really looked to see if the pump is still there. I think it is though. The PD is mainly going to use the boat for patroling the water ways thats why it says more of PD on it. The FD will use it for boat fires and boat in distress calls.

this will never work... PD units will be patroling the water ways, and when a FD related boat call comes in, what PD officer is going to say " oooh we need to get to shore for the FD to use it " , no.... he or she, will smartly head to the incident to help out... if the PD has units scheduled for the boat, then the FD does not have a chance get it... its simple... they lost their boat !!