Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flash Back In Westchester Co. Fire Apparatus

34 posts in this topic

I was going through some of my Photos & Found These.

post-18279-1251198583.jpg

post-18279-1251198604.jpg

post-18279-1251198622.jpg

post-18279-1251198651.jpg

post-18279-1251198671.jpg

post-18279-1251198688.jpg

post-18279-1251198725.jpg

post-18279-1251198740.jpg

post-18279-1251198771.jpg

post-18279-1251198790.jpg

post-18279-1251198808.jpg

post-18279-1251198826.jpg

post-18279-1251198837.jpg

post-18279-1251198867.jpg

post-18279-1251198879.jpg

post-18279-1251198893.jpg

post-18279-1251198906.jpg

post-18279-1251198917.jpg

Edited by TR54

That's awesome. Great Pix, and thanks for sharing! I used to love seeing Verplanck's Snorkel coming down the road, even if it was the WRONG COLOR! :P

Nice photos , good stuff.

More awesome pictures! Thanks for posting. Great to see Banksville's old Patrol and Holla Hose's Maxim, among others.

-Joe DA BUFF

Great pictures, it's always a joy to see some of the old trucks that used to serve the departments of Westchester. I do have one question though, the ambulance marked A-1 Ambulance Service Inc., where was that company out of; where did they serve; were they bought out by another company or did they just disolve? Anyone who could answer this it would be greatly appreciated.

love the pic of the old Cortlandt 88b2...i have a photo of the new one if interested

Those old A-1 ambulances bring back some pretty funny memories, I haven't thought about those days in awhile.

Mt. Kisco 5 Min. From The Mall In The Center Of Town. My Father Wark For Them For Meny Year. I Will Have To Look Through My Photos I Think I Have A Photo Of The Ambulance That The Statflight Air 1 Replace. It Was Part Of The A-1 Fleet & Sat In Back Of H.Q. For Year's

Holy poop, those Maxims looked like beasts. Almost look like Brockways. Anyone know what kind of power plant they had....DD 8v71s?

love the pic of the old Cortlandt 88b2...i have a photo of the new one if interested

Yo Here Is My E-mail engineman134@yahoo.com

Mt. Kisco 5 Min. From The Mall In The Center Of Town. My Father Wark For Them For Meny Year. I Will Have To Look Through My Photos I Think I Have A Photo Of The Ambulance That The Statflight Air 1 Replace. It Was Part Of The A-1 Fleet & Sat In Back Of H.Q. For Year's

Just wondering where were they in Mount Kisco? By Northern Westchester or in town? Did Westchester EMS take over for them?

Just wondering where were they in Mount Kisco? By Northern Westchester or in town? Did Westchester EMS take over for them?

A-1 had an office on Lexington Ave. many years ago. They later moved to Plainfield Ave. in Bedford Hills. They were bought out by CMT. There is no connection with Westchester EMS.

A-1 had an office on Lexington Ave. many years ago. They later moved to Plainfield Ave. in Bedford Hills. They were bought out by CMT. There is no connection with Westchester EMS.

Thanks for the info. Medic 137

I Found This Photo In My Collection. It Is Ossining NY. Old Ladder 41

post-18279-1254933423.jpg

I Found This Photo In My Collection. It Is Ossining NY. Old Ladder 41

If Senate is ladder 41 thats not it, they had a red roof, maybe Croton on Hudson ladder? or did Ossining have two Maxim's at one time.

It does say Ossining but I can't make out what it says on the door or the nose in that maltese.

Its a 1 in the Maltese if that helps. It definitely says Ossining on the side and it looks like it says Senate when you zoom in but its hard to tell. Maybe someone with software to clean up blurry images can tell us what it says on the door or the red county plate on the bumper.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Most likely Ladder 42 before the current one. If I am not mistaken th eold 41 had a 3rd jack in the front. Any of you OFD guys correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by xchief2x

Its Washington Hook & Ladder Co. Ladder 42. Great photo. Thanks

No pix, sorry, but the mention of Maxim took me back in time. For a while in the 70s I think the White Plains Fire Department was all-Maxim. Great looking rigs too, as someone said.

Before that WPFD was mostly open cab ALFs, a couple Seagraves (Eng 67 and 69).

Wow, those A-1 pictures brought back some memories! It was always exciting working there; hoping your bus didn't catch fire, hoping your paycheck cleared each week.....

If Senate is ladder 41 thats not it, they had a red roof, maybe Croton on Hudson ladder? or did Ossining have two Maxim's at one time.

I Got Them Mix Up It Is Ladder 42

I think they had 2 Maxim mid mounts at the same time.

Holy poop, those Maxims looked like beasts. Almost look like Brockways. Anyone know what kind of power plant they had....DD 8v71s?

Motors where left over WW2 on most Maxim,Ward Lafrance,and any other minor builder. They got good deals on war surpulse motors Walkashaw 145 GZB gas inline six's.

I think they had 2 Maxim mid mounts at the same time.

Yes You Are 100% Right One Was Ladder 41 The Other Was Ladder 42. Ladder 41 I Think Is The One In Catskill Fire Cat.

Which one was lent to Port Chester?

Ladder 41 was loaned to portchester FD

Engine 97 - 1978 Maxim Pumper.

post-23-1255117884.jpg