Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Alamo Alumni

17 posts in this topic

Check in if you ever worked for the late, great Alamo!

When I started we were in Cottage Street, rode around in white and orange buses and 2 black flycars...

"92 to Portable 10......"

Ahhhhhhhhhh.......the good OLD days..

Alamo 257 K

Edited by x129K

I'll chime in, but I only had a brief stint on 10 South White Street before greener pastures (and fatter paychecks) called me away. Met a lot of great people there and when I look back on it I forget the bad times and remember the good ones. Football games, Beekman, Pawling, Putnam, Irene the Marine and 3A to Millbrook P1's are the best

I started at Alamo about 6 months before the Sloper-Willen buyout. I was hired by Hannon Cohen and John Wood. Portable-10 was still the supervisor, usually Scott Spencer or Rick Warner when I worked, and we knew we had an EMS call in the City when we heard the Engine 2 responding (city didn't dispatch Alamo yet.) My old days weren't as old as yours Dan, but still some great memories. Alamo was a great place to learn the ropes and there are a lot of memories made there.

Edited by mbendel36

So true Mark...I miss those days for sure...my truck was NEVER cleaner than it was then! LOL!

I worked there from april 04 till this past january...i will always remember the great nights in the city and fishkill, and the fun times out in beekman and pawling...oh and the 3a to millbrook jobs were always the best

December 2006 to Feb 2009. Held down the City with the best partner ever on Mondays and Tuesdays!

Can't forget a little CC BLS!

I worked from Jan 02-June 07. I remember how kyle would work overnight in dispatch and send us to zone 15 with the instructions....."you guys are it. your covering everything in dutchess county." You could cover anywhere from post 15.

Who remembers switching from 3A to 3B by switching couches?

Remember the Alamo!

Many VERY GOOD nights at medic 1... and the instant punch-ins at PVFD were nice after hours LOL.. 81-85 responding!

I have many fond memories of the old Alamo and the days when it was a lot of fun to work there. I was hired by Sean Smith. Couple of things I can remember doing is looking for EKG strips in the "prego box", icing down cars behind the shop, and more than I can not put into this forum.

Remember the Cricket Club and their wars, shots fired, and Ralph's shop catching on fire. 92 to portable 10 was the best until you called them for times and then you had to make them up.

We worked with extraordinary people including The Big E, Bigeminy Joe, Doug C, Mike D, Eric L, Kenny H, Alexis C, Patty K, Steve D, Joyce K, Betty K, Helen K, and many more but it too early to remember them.

RIP Alamo.

Good luck to the emloyees who are now working with Transcare.

I too worked there part time and lots of good memories and always getting stuck with "a Late call" . Lot of good perople still there until the end and hopefully they'll carry on.

I worked there from Sept 2003 to Jan 2005. However, I primarily worked the Putnam flycars, never worked any other area.

Worked Alamo 99-03 had some good times and bad times. The good times out weighed the bad. It was great to be able to work with the fine people I have. Special thanks goes out to Tracy L, Pete O and last but not least George T thanks for the memories and telling medic school aint that hard. Good luck to all that are sticking with Transcare and who are not.

December 2006 to Feb 2009. Held down the City with the best partner ever on Mondays and Tuesdays!

Can't forget a little CC BLS!

Critical Care BLS...it's a beautiful thing.

Worked with a lot of the Alamo Putnam Medic greats and enjoyed every bit of it from 2006 until their exit.

Got hired in late 2006....but due to administrative upheaval i got lost in the mix. Hit the streets of Poughkeepsie in May 2007 and worked until June of 2008 (i think i may have still been per diem actually). Loved working weekends and overnights (love the weekend diff), great people and awesome partners and great bosses when i worked...and the wonderful dispatch crew! Always enjoyed working with CPPD and PFD. Learned a heck of a lot out there. Hated those Vassar to Yale or Monti trips though!

Was a good shop to work and i made some solid friends out of the deal.

Edited by Goose

I might add, I worked during the time before VBH had a cath lab....and I never did a single Albany trip!

I worked there from Oct. 2004 to May 2008 when I ran to Jersey. I miss doing the Saturday nights in Poughkeepsie when Mike was the supervisor. Always a good time. Also a good time was working Wednesday BLS with my partner Nina. We would be one of the few crews who would VOLUNTEER for the Castle Point to Manhattan VA runs. Our theory: Two long distance trips sure beat out 10 VBMC to either Eden Park NH or Lutheran Care runs. :rolleyes: Also miss the Beacon VAC shifts. I wish all the Alamo employees best of luck at Transcare or wherever they may end up.

I worked for Alamo for about 3 months when the merger with Sloper occurred. Made some good friends with a few that were from the Alamo system and still miss working with some of my Sloper alumni whom I still remain good friends with today and run into where I live and sometimes when I get them mutual aid on the border where I work. Mostly stuck to Putnam, Wappingers and an occassional shift in Beekman/Pawling since I live right there. Can't say I had the best of times there...but has some great times with good people that made it a bit more enjoyable.